Johnson Central 14 Wheelersburg, OH 3

JC Alumni 76

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definately a quality win for JC, no doubt. A win against a quality team on the road is hard to come by. JC does have some more quality opponents left Lou. Central, Woodford Co., Belfry, Montgomery Co., but I agree, Wheelersburg will be right up there at seasons end. And you are right, this kind of games make you better and its good that JC is getting a test in the regular season instead of having to wait for the playoffs to get one.

I agree JC does have some tough competition coming in the next few weeks. I'm just glad to see a KY team beat a good OH team, has to be a good thing. Good luck to JC in the remainder of the season, should be a good one.

The score isn't what I thought it would be.

Good win for JC going into their next district game against Woodford County.

I knew from your previous posts, that you would be disappointed.

I didnt get to listen to the radio broadcast... but did JC have an off night or did Wheelersburg play that good?

Wheelersburg is a very good program. I would say JC played as good as they normally do, but played a very good opponent.

I didnt get to listen to the radio broadcast... but did JC have an off night or did Wheelersburg play that good?

Wheelersburg was that good. They were fundementally sound, on both offense and defense, and very quick at all positions. This game was a very physical game. JC moved the ball very well on the ground while Wheelersburg had its success through the air. The JC defense played with a bend but dont break mentality giving up over 200 yds through the air(mostly on slip screens) but held Burg to 24 yds rushing on 19 carries. JC done what it had to to get the tough win on the road. This score is most definately nothing to be ashamed of on either side.

I am glad the mountain team won but I bet it was a good game. And great defense thats what I'm all about.

Hats off to Wheelersburg. That's a well-coached team, with not much size but a good amount of speed and a whole lot of heart. I don't think many mountain teams could go up there into Southern Ohio and win a game like that one tonight. I particularly loved their fake punt play - had the kid not accidentally taken a knee trying to scoop up the bad handoff, that would've been a touchdown at a critical time.