September 10, 200719 yr Author The INT was not his fault. That's odd. I could have sworn he threw it...
September 10, 200719 yr Author What category does a 53.7 QB rating fall under? The constant defense of this guy boggles my mind...
September 10, 200719 yr The INT was not his fault. And I can think of at least 5 "incompletions" right now that were throaways (good decisions) b/c SD's Secondary was like glue on Berrian and Muhammed. SD's D was amazing yesterday. So what does 12-19 and 0 and 0 QB rating come out to? It's 93.29. Are you going to go through every QB's day in the NFL and adjust their rating in this fashion? Considering every QB probably has a similar number of drops and throw-aways, and a good rating is around 100, how can you try and defend a rating in the 53 area as anything but atrocious? Your trying to spin it in this fashion, but in truth, you could probably find a similar number of these things for every QB in the league.
September 10, 200719 yr The constant defense of this guy boggles my mind... I agree, but is there backup any better? Is it still Greise? He's not good either. He was on the road against a team from a better conference that had a 14-2 record last year and if not for a bad bounce they had a very good chance at pulling off the upset.
September 10, 200719 yr I'm going to go with Troy Aikman over you guys, sorry... If Rex was a Big East guy, GT would be in the middle of an intense man-crush...:jump:
September 10, 200719 yr Rex had plenty of help from Benson and Peterson and the punt return unit...it wasn't his play alone that doomed the Bears. I wouldn't put too much stock in this game...1) defenses are usually a leg up on offenses when the season starts and 2) the Chargers have one of the best defenses in the NFL. I figure Rex will play similar to last year, maybe a little better overall. I just don't think you can win a Super Bowl with him under center...
September 10, 200719 yr Rex had plenty of help from Benson and Peterson and the punt return unit...it wasn't his play alone that doomed the Bears. I wouldn't put too much stock in this game...1) defenses are usually a leg up on offenses when the season starts and 2) the Chargers have one of the best defenses in the NFL. I figure Rex will play similar to last year, maybe a little better overall. I just don't think you can win a Super Bowl with him under center... I think everyone realizes the Bears will go as far as their defense takes them... Rex's job is not to lose the game and he will be up to the task...wasn't his fault in the least the Bears lost yesterday...
September 10, 200719 yr I think everyone realizes the Bears will go as far as their defense takes them... Rex's job is not to lose the game and he will be up to the task...wasn't his fault in the least the Bears lost yesterday... I wouldn't go that far...he has to be better if the Bears want to be a real Super Bowl contender. I don't mean get to the big game, I mean win it...if Benson and the running game get going, they can run the ball and play defense and have a solid chance to win the NFC, but they probably couldn't beat the wild card teams in the AFC, much less the Pats, Colts or Chargers in the big game. Rex's bad play contributed to their loss...he just wasn't alone. You can't go to San Diego and lead your offense to 3 points and expect to win and say you played good enough to win. Sorry, but no.
September 10, 200719 yr I wouldn't go that far...he has to be better if the Bears want to be a real Super Bowl contender. I don't mean get to the big game, I mean win it...if Benson and the running game get going, they can run the ball and play defense and have a solid chance to win the NFC, but they probably couldn't beat the wild card teams in the AFC, much less the Pats, Colts or Chargers in the big game. Rex's bad play contributed to their loss...he just wasn't alone. You can't go to San Diego and lead your offense to 3 points and expect to win and say you played good enough to win. Sorry, but no. When you have a bunch of turnovers and your backs average about 0.3 yards per carry, you (QB) didn't "lead" your team to 3 points...again, Aikman said Rex played well enough to win...
September 10, 200719 yr If say that they go after a QB in the draft next year. If Braum is there, take him, Colt B. of Hawaii, take him, but he won't be, he will be taked #1 if the team slightly needs a QB. Even John David Booty would be better than the gross play of "Gross"man.
September 10, 200719 yr He did not play good, but did not play bad either... He didn't do anything to help out his team though as well.
September 10, 200719 yr A good QB doesn't even throw it to Berrian, let alone throw it short. He was covered. Rex stinks. He never knows when to throw it away, which is why he gets picked off and sacked. Also, didn't San Diego have a horrible passing defense last year? I'm not familiar with their acquisitions but seems to me like 145 yards against them is bad.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.