Favorite Toys as a Kid

sports fan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evil Knievel Stunt Cycle using folded Monopoly boards as a ramp was awesome.

Model cars, that we later blew up with fire crackers.

BB Guns were always close at hand.

Summer time was all about whiffle ball, we kept stats, played 100 inning games over several days, used a laundry rectangle basket for called balls and strikes. Our field even had a "Red Monster" in left field as my yard was against the neighbor red garage. On summer I broke Hank Aarons HR record I hit about 780, but I finished second to a kid that hit almost 900 that summer...looking back I think he was on the "juice."

My bike.

My "pitch back" net thing.

Any nerf thing I ever had. Be it a football, basketball and hoop, dart gun, or just a nerf ball to play "gutter ball" at the local pool ended up being way overused. Anyone know why dogs liked to chew on the nerf balls so much though? Seems like every nerf ball we ever played with back in the day, had a dog chunk, or more taken out of it after about two weeks.

Any can I could ever salvage that would stand up to a few good games of "kick the can."

All the Mattel electronic sports games (see pic of the first one in this thread).

And then came Atari. Pitfall Harry was a lot like Indiana Jones.

My Matchbox cars and my Legos.

When I wasn't working, I spent most of my free time during the summers, on the farm, with a tobacco stick hitting the gravel from the driveway into the pasture, making like Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, and Pete Rose.

When I wasn't working, I spent most of my free time during the summers, on the farm, with a tobacco stick hitting the gravel from the driveway into the pasture, making like Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, and Pete Rose.

Any can I could ever salvage that would stand up to a few good games of "kick the can." .

Good memories!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb: