Johnson Central 50 Conner 12

Old Hillbilly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great time to be a Johnson Central fan!

J.K. Ratliff, Shawn Grim and Chase Richardson won offensive players of the game awards.

Ian Welch, Nathaniel Dials and Dennis Dillion won defensive players of the game awards.

Conner had no answer for JC's ability to run the ball. Johnson Central passed the ball pretty well, they still need a little bit of work though.

I heard Grim had over 300 yds. rushing!

I figured he'd have more than that.

:lol: :lol: Just kidding. I remember someone posting the same last week when he had nearly 200 yards of total offense. The Golden Eagles are tough. I hope they win the 1st 5A Championship this year, since I don't think Ashland will be getting there. :D

It is obvious that Conner didnt do much offensively either. How late did they score thier 12 points? Did they have any highlights?

Conner moved the ball on the ground in the first half as they had a little over a 100 offense at halftime, but they seem to break down inside the 30 yard line.

I thought that JC looked a bit sloppy tonight myself. The managed the game well and the JC defense was good enough to overcome the poor field position due to the lack of a solid kicking game. The JC pass coverage was a bit suspect at times I thought. Majority of the time I thought they were in the right place, just didnt play the ball well. I see lots of room of improvement for this group of Eagles, but it is week 2 so there is alot of time to get the kinks worked out. Good game out of Grimm as usual and Ratliff was on target with nearly all his passes but some where dropped by the recievers.