Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset at Metcalfe County Predictions

Who wins this game? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Metcalfe County
      41%
    • Somerset
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Jumper Dad, if you are interested in knowing why people are slamming Somerset, it goes back the comments that the Jumpers played awful and that is why they lost, implying that PC had nothing to do with it, which deep down we all is not true. Now, I feel that Somerset played their hearts out on Friday and will give more next week, with 0-2 looming if they don't. I can see Somerset losing 2 in a row, unless they give up ( which I am sure is not likely).

Also, I would to say that I have read on here and elsewhere that this game meant more to PC than to Somerset, that is because of Pride. I am not saying that Somerset doesn't have pride, but isn't that worth playing your guts out against your natural, corsstown rival. If SW wasn't always a district game, I guarantee that pride would be enough there too.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the more intriguing matchups of the week. In the old Class A, both of these teams could have been ranked in the top 10.

Coach Cobb and team will bounce back and have a great season,PC had a good game plan and it worked but heck thats football ,there is always another game to win so let see what the Jumpers will do this week ,keep heads up and gettem Jumpers...I say they will win,Coach Cobb has got a fine football team so getter done.....Go Jumpers.....

I think the Jumper's program is fine. Yeah wanted to win that first game as well but, it does not make the season for us. I'm not sure where this animosity is either. I watch these kids practice a couple of times a week and watch as they leave the field together and as they leave the field house, I've never seen anything that would lead me to think there is any hard feelings between players or towards coaches. As my name implys I have a son on the team and he has never seen any internal turmoil either. I think a lot of folks are either trying to slam us while we are down (1 loss) or hoping to plant some seeds, either way the Jumpers will stick together and be ready to roll this week.

 

 

I would like to say I am not trying to slam anyone, I am a fan of all three local schools and would love to see each of them succeed in there respectable districts and regions, but I do hate to see an every year state contender as in Somerset start that down hill fall.

I would like to say I am not trying to slam anyone, I am a fan of all three local schools and would love to see each of them succeed in there respectable districts and regions, but I do hate to see an every year state contender as in Somerset start that down hill fall.

 

I don't see loosing to a talented Pulaski squad as falling down hill. Pulaski played a good game and deserves credit for the win. Instead of saying what is wrong with Somerset, Congratulate PC for the win. By saying Somerset is starting a down hill fall because of this loss, you are not giving Pulaski any credit at all.

 

Yeah I wanted to win this one as much or more than most games but it will not make or break our season.

 

I think Jumpers will rebound this week against Metcalfe and win a hard fought game.

Well said Jumper Dad, I am glad to see more people beginning to recognize the improvements Coach Hines and his staff have accomplished at Pulaski Co. They deserve all the credit in the world. Good Luck to you all the rest of the season.

For the record, we care about all of the kids around here. It's fun to have bragging rights and that's why so many show up for the crosstown games. Anyway, there is alot of talent on all three local teams and should be highlighted regularly. I think if there is any animosity it's toward the local media making one or two players "superstars" when this game is about team play. No one can be excluded from failure or success. I've never seen a great rusher or receiver worth anything without his line. Hope the Jumpers can pull together and have a great game and year.

Metcalfe Co. 38-34.

  • Author

This is the Somerset/Metcalfe thread. If Metcalfe is what they used to be and what their season last year is indicative of, we Somerset posters need to start worrying about what's in four days, not three days ago.

 

That being said, I'll revert to my original questions. What does Metcalfe run offensively? What's the backfield look like? Playmakers/positions?

 

I've really lost touch with Somerset's old district, of course Danville being the exception. If they run sweeps, tosses, and Heaven forbid the Johnny Hines option :lol: Somerset is in trouble. Even if they don't, I'm sure they'll adjust per what they see on the game film!!

  • Author

Somerset will score twice in the first quarter. Not sure how much they'll have at the final buzzer but more than 14. It may take Hall a few more games to shake the dust off, but with Hughes/Shoemaker running the ball like they have all summer and v. PC, Somerset should have no trouble finding the endzone.

  • Author
I have posted elsewhere on this site that Will Warf, QB for Metcalfe, should be scouted by bigger programs. He is 6'2" and 205 lbs. and has an absolute gun, good vision, and intangibles. They also have a very good little tailback who makes people miss. Metcalfe's defense is not very strong, but this could be a very high scoring affair. I'm gonna give the home team the edge by 3.

 

Hearsay, much did the D lose from last year? From their statistics, I infer that they had a pretty solid unit. They were 8th in points given up at 11.8 and only gave up 149.7 yds/game. :eek:

Somerset will score twice in the first quarter. Not sure how much they'll have at the final buzzer but more than 14. It may take Hall a few more games to shake the dust off, but with Hughes/Shoemaker running the ball like they have all summer and v. PC, Somerset should have no trouble finding the endzone.

I absolutely agree. Hughes and Shoemaker can take a lot of pressure off of Hall, ifthey continue torun like they did on Friday. It should open up opportunities for Cole as well because Defenses will have to commit defenders to stopping those two bulls. I say feed them the ball a bunch, shorten games and make them stop those two first.:thumb:

Metcalfe's defense is fairly solid, and the Hornets have quite a bit back on both sides of the ball, as I recall. Part of the reason their stats have been so impressive has been a weak schedule ... Somerset may be the best team (certainly the best non-district opponent) Metcalfe has played in the regular season in several years.

Very interesting matchup. I'll take the Hornets by 3. 30-27

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.