Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset at Metcalfe County Predictions

Who wins this game? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Metcalfe County
      41%
    • Somerset
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Metcalfe is coming off a #2 finish in Region 1 last year behind Mayfield and only gave up about 12.75 points/game. Don't know what they lost from the team or what they do offensively/defensively. If Somerset doesn't get some conditioning and tackling worked into their practice this week it won't matter what Metcalfe does. Thoughts and predictions?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything will compare to the amount of conditioning and the mouthful that these players from somerset will receive this week in practice as well as film time, some very necessary adjustments in the secondary and Somerset could win this game. its obvious that they have their offense together somewhat considering they put up 49 points against PC last week, terrible defense or not that still is some impressive numbers.

Unless Metcalfe has outstanding special teams, Relentless offensive line, a stable of good running backs and a very shifty quarterback, Somerset should win this game by a touchdown.

Being a homer I think that Somerset will win this game! I expect it to be another charged up crowd against the Jumpers. I'm looking forward to see if Cobb can correct the big gaps in the Jumper defense. Somerset 35-28

I have posted elsewhere on this site that Will Warf, QB for Metcalfe, should be scouted by bigger programs. He is 6'2" and 205 lbs. and has an absolute gun, good vision, and intangibles. They also have a very good little tailback who makes people miss. Metcalfe's defense is not very strong, but this could be a very high scoring affair. I'm gonna give the home team the edge by 3.

Metcalfe offense should be salivating after watching the game film of our last game. I think we will make adjustments this week and some young guys may have to grow up quick but I like the Jumpers to clean up some of last weeks mess and win. Not picking a score though after last week who knows what it could be?

  • Author

I'd say Somerset will rebound and fix the problems defensively, whether it's schematic or personnel wise. Coach Lucas always finds away to make the defense work. I hope our guys have a chip on their shoulders.

 

John Cole's major problem last week wasn't due so much to his cramping but a contusion around his lungs. He was having extreme breathing trouble during the game, and the cramps didn't help. It's nothing too serious but I hope he's "100%" come Friday.

 

Hopefully Chase will spread the ball more. Coach Cobb has a good offensive mind and Chase has a lot of good receivers. Spread the ball!

Somerset's lack of smash mouth football from the corners and backers will cost them this game. Metcalfe 34 Somerset 15.

  • Author

I agree with ya swforever, it very well could cost them this game. I doubt Somerset will only reach the endzone twice though. I look for a high scoring affair much like last week. Until I know more about Metcalfe I won't post a score.

Your right 15 might be a little low, but its all in Cole's hands if he is healthy closer game but if he is still shakin up from PC I will stick with my two td's.

I think this game may be much like the PC game for the jumpers. They will probably end up winning and possibly even by a couple td's but I doubt you will see the passion and pride of past teams anytime soon. If my coach left me, then decided to come back, I would always seem to have that in the back of my head.

  • Author

You can't fault a guy for wanting to move back home to his family and to a school loaded with talent. There's no animosity towards Coach Cobb. If anything, there's animosity within the team itself that concerns me.

You can't fault a guy for wanting to move back home to his family and to a school loaded with talent. There's no animosity towards Coach Cobb. If anything, there's animosity within the team itself that concerns me.

 

IMO as a high school football fan, with ties to all three local high schools the animosity is within the whole football program, The only bright spot to the program right now is the success of a great student athlete in John Cole, as he signed with Vandy.

Now that I don't have a game to comment on, I think that SHS will pull this one out for pride's sake 35-22. It was apparent that Somerset's secondary and linebackers weren't aggressive enough and the D line was outmatched all night going 3 on 5.

 

Suggestions for Somerset may be to watch the SW/Rock game and look at the d scheme that Rock had. Their size and personnel is similar to Rock but they make things happen with rotations and blitzes. The backers need to be more aggressive and the secondary needs to play the receivers tight and fight off blocks better.

 

Offensively, SHS can run the ball and most certainly pass it well. The QB needs to make quicker decisions and look off the primary receiver more and hit the open receivers. Thank god they didn't go their too often Friday/Sat!

 

I wish the Jumpers and Warriors much success this week and I hope the Jumpers can win out the rest of their season. SWHS all but one as well and you know which one I'm talking about!

I think the Jumper's program is fine. Yeah wanted to win that first game as well but, it does not make the season for us. I'm not sure where this animosity is either. I watch these kids practice a couple of times a week and watch as they leave the field together and as they leave the field house, I've never seen anything that would lead me to think there is any hard feelings between players or towards coaches. As my name implys I have a son on the team and he has never seen any internal turmoil either. I think a lot of folks are either trying to slam us while we are down (1 loss) or hoping to plant some seeds, either way the Jumpers will stick together and be ready to roll this week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.