Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rax Bowl

Who will win this game? 4 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Harlan
      75%
      3
    • Cawood
      25%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Fresh thread for everyone's predictions.

Harlan vs. Cawood at the Joe Gilley Athletic Complex.

Last time these two teams face each other.

God only knows. No clear favorite. Crystal ball, heap cloudy kemosabe!

With high's forecast in the mid 90's this Friday, depth and conditioning will be important for all of the games this week.

 

Cawood 22

Harlan 14

Harlan has the QB back, a transfer running back and two of the best lineman in the county from last year back. Include another starter lineman , an addition at slot/wing/split along with the returning wideouts, and Harlan seems to be in a position to improve on the last year. Everybody is saying Harlan by a lot and I understand why. However, I am going out on a limb and picking Cawood ( somehow, someway) to win. Only time will tell.

Where is Mnt. Pride 10

youth coach

ng73

the whole gang

 

I have heard through the grapevine JB is planning on ending this series with a bang on the scoreboard. Maybe even trying to reach the 70 point club.

Any truth to this or just part of the Rax Bowl Rumors

I doubt JB would try and score 70 points to embarass Cawood, he teaches class to the players, and maintains class in all the games. But, sometimes you can't do anything about it when a team is on fire and scoring at will. And as for predictions, I'll keep my mouth shut and not post any board material.

Harlan has the QB back, a transfer running back and two of the best lineman in the county from last year back. Include another starter lineman , an addition at slot/wing/split along with the returning wideouts, and Harlan seems to be in a position to improve on the last year. Everybody is saying Harlan by a lot and I understand why. However, I am going out on a limb and picking Cawood ( somehow, someway) to win. Only time will tell.

Where is Mnt. Pride 10

youth coach

ng73

the whole gang

 

I have heard through the grapevine JB is planning on ending this series with a bang on the scoreboard. Maybe even trying to reach the 70 point club.

Any truth to this or just part of the Rax Bowl Rumors

 

I don't know where everyone else is that you mentioned but I sure hope the rumor you heard is true...

 

In all seriousness thought I see this one going down to the wire. I think both defenses are about the same but I think Harlan's offense has the advantage in the passing game and that they plan to exploit that in this game. With that being said I look for good old Benedict.., excuse me, Eric Perry to have some tricks up his sleeve compared to his traditional few blitzes that he threw in at Harlan. I wouldn't be surprised if Cawood brought 6-7 players every passing situation against a very inexperienced Harlan O-line. I haven't seen Cawood play but just because I am an "Old Grad" from Harlan, and I don't see Lucifer putting on his winter coat, I am going to take the Green reptiles in this one 21-14.

Rax Bowl as in Rax Roast Beef? I thought they went out of business

#2 From Harlan (didn't catch his name) looked really good In the SEKC grid ,he really stood out from everyone else..

 

Harlan had a lot of trouble with the pass but they should have no problem with Cawood.

 

 

HHS 34

 

CHS 22

This game could be one of the better games around.

 

Cawood is a lot better... and Harlan is always a solid team.

 

A touchdown will be the difference in this one.

 

Winner - 28

Loser - 22

I was told he and His former assistant had some bad blood and therefore the comment about the 70 plus points. I have known JB for many many years and even watched a game or two while he was the QB for the Dragons. I would guess he probably would like to show his assistant a thing or two come Friday night. Just natural instincts! Maybe it was just talk but it came from the Harlan Camp from a pretty reliable source.

#2 is Allen Hensley...a very good middle school player a few years ago. He ran for 1,000 yards as a 6th grade tailback in 2002 if my math is correct. He has sat out of football though for a couple of years. He has returned much bigger and stronger. I believe he is a junior if my math is correct.

#2 is Allen Hensley...a very good middle school player a few years ago. He ran for 1,000 yards as a 6th grade tailback in 2002 if my math is correct. He has sat out of football though for a couple of years. He has returned much bigger and stronger. I believe he is a junior if my math is correct.

 

 

Yes, Hensley is a Junior. Good to see him back on the football field. Will help the football Dragons a lot this season in my opinion.

 

Harlan 28

Cawood 21

Harlan has the QB back, a transfer running back and two of the best lineman in the county from last year back. Include another starter lineman , an addition at slot/wing/split along with the returning wideouts, and Harlan seems to be in a position to improve on the last year. Everybody is saying Harlan by a lot and I understand why. However, I am going out on a limb and picking Cawood ( somehow, someway) to win. Only time will tell.

Where is Mnt. Pride 10

youth coach

ng73

the whole gang

 

I have heard through the grapevine JB is planning on ending this series with a bang on the scoreboard. Maybe even trying to reach the 70 point club.

Any truth to this or just part of the Rax Bowl Rumors

I agree with NG, JB is all class. I think he would play his water boys before he would run up a score. I think this one is too close to call, with an edge early if one or the other get on top by 2 TDs due to youth. Why didn't you list me LB, my feelings are hurt!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.