Please pray for Coach Thomas (Rowan)

Well, my first point is that it would be good for Troy to get to the college level. From a coaching standpoint, he has earned the right to move up the ladder a little bit. His on court performance speaks for itself. My second point, however, is that there are still alot of unanswered questions and I think some of those issues need to be cleared up. I was also under the impression that Troy was extremely ill and that he needed to take some time off from coaching and working. If he is ill, he should take the doctor's advice and get better instead of jeopardizing his health any further.

Think about this for a second.........If this was the sole reason, why on earth would he resign his teaching position thereby losing his health insurance? Under this circumstance he could have taken vacation time, medical leave or something short of resigning........Under other circumstances he may have been given no other choice but to resign. I agree 100% that his on court performance speaks for itself but you cant seperate on court from off court. You must take the whole package and unfortunately off the court seems to be where the issues arose.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Under other circumstances he may have been given no other choice but to resign."

What do you mean by this?

I don't think it's appropriate to discuss the "other circumstances" in this forum until they are made public by the press or the school administration out of the respect for the school, Coach Thomas and the people involved. I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge about the situation though in a PM.

"Under other circumstances he may have been given no other choice but to resign."

What do you mean by this?

My point is that there could be any number of "other circumstances" under which he may have had not other choice than to resign. While I dont agree entirely with BigBlueFreak's opinion about whether or not it is appropriate to discuss the issue, I dont intend to mention specifics in a public forum. I doubt the press or school admin intends to make any public comments either or it would have already been done.

Well, we have all been inundated by the Thomas testimonials and the endless requests to send up prayers on his behalf. Now, maybe we can get past all the smoke screens and Paul Harvey will come along and tell us the rest of the story. It better be good after all the posturing that has taken place.

In light of the original approach, I would believe that the truth would be a needed and appropriate subject for the remainder of this thread. After all, reading between the lines can be more dangerous than the truth.

I don't think it's appropriate to discuss the "other circumstances" in this forum until they are made public by the press or the school administration out of the respect for the school, Coach Thomas and the people involved. I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge about the situation though in a PM.

I agree with you.