August 8, 200719 yr I say in also. Most homeruns by a 2B and has been pretty consistent over his career. He always seems to help whatever team he is on. Giants, Astros, and now the Dodgers.
August 8, 200719 yr Would you vote him in if he played a corner position or the OF? Personally I would.
August 8, 200719 yr Author In 1st ballot I'd say zero chance of him being in on the first ballot and zero is being optimistic.
August 8, 200719 yr There haven't been very many second basemen who have put up the offensive numbers of Kent. Defensively there have been and almost endless number who were better. Since the voters seem to be offensive minded, Kent will probably make it sooner or later. The Hall of Fame is like a lot of groups in that it has its heirarchy and its many lesser members. Kent will join Kell, Doerr, Rizzuto, Herman, Boudreau, and many others at the lowest rung of the group.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.