Who will start at QB for CCH?

theguru

I hear Isler always first, so that means Furnish will get the nod.:lol:

But seriously, from what I hear there are five guys getting equal time and more than a few look good. I'm sure they have a good idea who it will be, but are waiting to see how they perform under pressure at the scrimmages to make it official. JMO

I would think Isler would get the nod as the starter. But there are some plays/formations where they can use Furnish's speed to there advantage. Like option plays or scrambling plays.

So when Isler is in there it will be a pass and when Furnish is in there it will be a run. Thanks! I'll let everyone know. Or wait a minute you just did.:banana:

;) ;)

Now your following my train of thought.

I don't think there's any doubt that the qb will be Isler and Furnish will play DB. Isler probably fits the O better than Furnish. They'll have the stud in the backfield to tote the ball with some help from the wings so you need someone who can make the slant pass or the out pass.

But lets remember that the last time Isler played qb full-time was 8th grade. He might be a bit rusty.

Is Wehry not in the mix? Was't he the #2 last year?

He is in the mix. My guess is you will see him as the #2 on Saturday against Ryle. He's probably also the unofficial o-coordinator as he probably knows the offense better than anyone other than Dave Brossart. More than once last year he had to give some input in JV games as to the best plan of action.

I don't think there's any doubt that the qb will be Isler and Furnish will play DB. Isler probably fits the O better than Furnish. They'll have the stud in the backfield to tote the ball with some help from the wings so you need someone who can make the slant pass or the out pass.

But lets remember that the last time Isler played qb full-time was 8th grade. He might be a bit rusty.

Does Furnish have any experience at qb? He is a good db and is fast.