Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Imagine - John Lennon

Featured Replies

I know that most people thing this song is great, but I got to tell you, this may be the dumbest serious song I've ever heard.

 

Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

 

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace

 

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

 

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

 

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

 

Is this song about communism or was Lennon that naive? No possesions? No countries? Who's he trying to kid? Yeah, that will give us peace! Riggghhht! :rolleyes:

I know that most people thing this song is great, but I got to tell you, this may be the dumbest serious song I've ever heard.

 

Is this song about communism or was Lennon that naive? No possesions? No countries? Who's he trying to kid? Yeah, that will give us peace! Riggghhht! :rolleyes:

It's a lot of things; but "dumb" isn't one of them. I can't pretend to understand all the elements of the song (I know someone who probably does ;) ). I think it's just a song about idealism and hope for a better society. No need to read too much into it.

I have to agree with BIRDSFAN, this is what John Lennon beleived in and he was an idealist and beleived that Peace was the way to a better life. I too would not read into it as it is just a song. JD

This was just one of several songs where he was promoting peace and understanding. Give Peace a Chance, All You Need is Love, etc, etc.

 

You have to remember when the song was written and recorded. It was during the Vietnam war and the country was really divided, everyone was being hurt, whether in this country or overseas.

I remember an episode of WKRP in Cincinnati in which the evil right wing conservative preacher was trying to strong arm the station to drop some of it's songs with 'objectionable' lyrics. This was the main song used in the arguments between the station and the preacher...

Imagine, if there is no heaven. That is Huge.

 

Well, think about all the wars and death that go on because of religion. I know we have a seperate forum for that, but it's a major, major cause of much violence all over the world and has been for centuries. No, I'm not blaming God for the violence, I'm simply saying violence done in his name because people feel that is the way to live their lives.

 

As George Carlin once said:

 

Do you believe in god? no. Bang, Dead

 

Do you believe in god? yes. Do you believe in my god? No. Bang, dead.

  • Author

Most wars are caused by one group of people wanting something that another group of people have.

Most wars are caused by one group of people wanting something that another group of people have.

 

Alright, well that too. :lol:

  • Author
Alright, well that too. :lol:
Sorry, I'm having a difficult day and just thought I would share. :D
Sorry, I'm having a difficult day and just thought I would share. :D

 

That's why this board is the best community I have ever been to. We are able to voice our opinions and get along at the same time. :thumb:

Imagine, if there is no heaven. That is Huge.

Lennon could have said Imagine,if there are no All you can eat Buffets.That would be Blasphemy...:creepy:

For some Lennon could have said Imagine,if there are no All you can eat Buffets.That would be Blasphemy...:creepy:

 

Nothing wrong with all you can eat buffett. :lol:

 

Sad thing is that I didn't experience my first all you can eat buffett til last year. Just something I can't ever remember doing.

If you think Imagine is dumb, please don't listen to Revolution No. 9 or The Word by The Beatles. I am a big fan but those two could be deleted and believe me, the legend and music would live on.

If you think Imagine is dumb, please don't listen to Revolution No. 9 or The Word by The Beatles. I am a big fan but those two could be deleted and believe me, the legend and music would live on.

 

I am the Walrus is a great song to anaylze too. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.