Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's talk Volleyball..

Featured Replies

A few matches tonight in 16th and EKC starts Thursday and goes thru Saturday.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Carroll County starts their season at home Thursday 8/9 with a Fresh/JV and Varsity starting at 5:00 pm.

 

I hope there is plenty of water because it will be sweltering. Their opponent Gallatin County has a nice air- conditioned gym..too bad we did not schedule them away first!

Carroll County starts their season at home Thursday 8/9 with a Fresh/JV and Varsity starting at 5:00 pm.

 

I hope there is plenty of water because it will be sweltering. Their opponent Gallatin County has a nice air- conditioned gym..too bad we did not schedule them away first!

 

 

That could be something that the coaching staffs look into is switching the dates as long as both teams play each other twice and the school administration agrees.

 

I take it that Carroll County's gymnasium is not air conditioned so I don't see why they could agree to make a switch right now....I bet the other coaches, players and fans besides yourself would want it to happen like that...maybe you should bring it up to your coach to see if he/she would give the Gallatin County people a call.

Owsley County's Gym has air and practice is going well. Owsley should have a strong team in the 56th district and 14th region with the return of all starters that are seasoned. Good luck Lady Owls.

  • Author
That could be something that the coaching staffs look into is switching the dates as long as both teams play each other twice and the school administration agrees.

 

I take it that Carroll County's gymnasium is not air conditioned so I don't see why they could agree to make a switch right now....I bet the other coaches, players and fans besides yourself would want it to happen like that...maybe you should bring it up to your coach to see if he/she would give the Gallatin County people a call.

 

 

Played the 3 matches last night, the gym was hot! The Lady Panthers pulled out 3 wins though. The Varsity was very nervous but finally got it together. They have quite a few young girls on that team starting 2 fresh and 1 Soph.

It looks like Beechwood has some solid talent coming up. I watched their "frosh" play in a tourney at CCHS today. They came in third, and I say "frosh" because I heard they had two 8th, one 7th and one 6th grader on the floor every game. To boot, the younger Snyder (sp) an 8th grader does not play frosh.

Owsley's still in the 53rd in volleyball.

It looks like Beechwood has some solid talent coming up. I watched their "frosh" play in a tourney at CCHS today. They came in third, and I say "frosh" because I heard they had two 8th, one 7th and one 6th grader on the floor every game. To boot, the younger Snyder (sp) an 8th grader does not play frosh.

 

 

I missed that tournament. Good to hear that the young Lady Tigers did so well. As a small school, Beechwood often has to rely on the younger girls to play up. They step up quite nicely. Taylor Snyder, an 8th grader, is already playing varsity, and doing a mighty fine job I might add. She has a very bright future in volleyball.

I was there supporting the camels. Beechwood had a very young team and they play well together. The camels beat the tigers in the semi's. The camels fell to Scott in the finals. Very close games. Scott had 3 girls from their JV/Varsity team. The camels field four eight graders, two of which are the setters. Alot of talent at the freshman level. Very bright futures for them all.

Hopefully, the temp in the gym will be below triple digits.

 

Good news: AC in the gym will be part of the plans for the new NDA project starting next year.

Was at the Gallatin season opener last week and very impressed with their ac'd gym and nice facilities. Could get used to having stuff like that!

Gallatin's new JV coach is a BW alum.

  • Author
Was at the Gallatin season opener last week and very impressed with their ac'd gym and nice facilities. Could get used to having stuff like that!

Gallatin's new JV coach is a BW alum.

 

I agree, it is a very nice gym...you know when most of the gyms were built they did not have Volleyball in the fall. It seems to me that they now put air in the gyms in the new schools as a standard..I think there should be some funding to go back in the older ones and add it. Not to mention that my daughter has gym as a freshman and it is almost unbearable. It is not just a summer problem either, during basketball games it gets very hot and stuffy.

What are the scheduling requirements in vball? For example, does NDA have to schedule Holmes?

What are the scheduling requirements in vball? For example, does NDA have to schedule Holmes?

 

 

You must play everyone in your conference(NKAC).....at least once. Holmes is in NDA's conference.

 

You DO NOT , for some reason, have to play everyone in your district.

 

After conference games are scheduled, NDA and most competitive teams try to schedule as many tough games as possible to prepare for the post-season.

 

A team is allowed 20 matches maximum

A tournament only counts as 1 match to your maximum. So, you could play 10 matches at a tournament, and it only counts 1 match against that 20 match total.

  • Author

Question - I coached for 4 years at the Middle School level and I have been observing many of the high school games this year. It seems to me that a "carry" is not called very often. I have seen some really ugly hands by both the person digging the ball and the setter but never a call.

 

Has this rule really relaxed in the last couple of years?. These would have been called in my Rec league in Lexington 10 years ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.