Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Bible Verses

Featured Replies

Isaiah 41:10

 

So dont worry, because I am with you. Dont be afraid because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a child I remembered Psalm 23, as an adult I now understand why.

John 14:2,3

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The motto for my 8th grade graduation in 1970 was "If I take the wings of the morning," I like the entire verse:

 

Psalm 139:9-10 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

 

Whenever I give graduation gifts, I always put this on the card.

 

B-E-A-utiful!:thumb: Could not have picked a better verse (IMO)

 

Every time I look at this verse it makes me shed a tear because it reminds me how far God has brought me out of the mire and muck.

I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet.

For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.

They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.

Psalm 100: 1-5

Make a joyful noice unto the Lord,all ye lands.Serve the Lord with gladness:come before his presence with singing.Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us,and not we ourselves;we are his people,and the sheep of his pasture.Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,and into his courts with praise:be thankful unto him,and bless his name.For the Lord is good;his mercy is everlasting;and his truth endureth to all generations.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

GENESIS 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be ONE flesh.

PSALM 124: If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may AMERICA say; read the rest. What our we doing now????

My church service today has been called off due to treacherous roads so I got on BGP & found this thread which brought back some good memories of Alabama Larry. I will say my favorite bible verses remain the same.

Isaiah 55: 8,9

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.

9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

 

I've thought about this a lot - how life seems so unfair. Cancer, heart attacks, illness etc. to good people, how evil is so prevalent & why does God take the good ones? Again, my thoughts not God's. God loves us all no matter what we've done. We all matter to God. He is an equal opportunity Savior who gave His son to die on a cross for our sins.

Could someone move this thread to Religion? It was started when Politics and Religion was lumped together. Thanks!

1 John 4:9 - This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Isaiah 33:6

He will be the sure foundation for your times,

a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;

the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.

 

Romans 7:21-25

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

 

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

 

Romans 8:1-2

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

1 John 4:8

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.