Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region???

Featured Replies

What do teams look like after the dead period? I know Ludlow was very impressive from what I hear...who else? NDA, Boone, etc..?

  • Replies 210
  • Views 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner is going to one of the top teams in the region this year. They loose a good group of seniors from last years team including 1000 point scorer Kat O'neil, Stevie Stellman, and Allison Fancher.

They return two starters this year in Stephanie Hodges, and Allison Long who will be the next 1000 point scorer at Conner. Also returning is Jordan Kramer, Sammi Johns, and Devin Beasley. Look out in the future for the back of Long and Beasley.

Boone, Highlands, NCC, NDA

  • Author

how has Highlands looked this summer? I consider them to be top 3 as well.

I know that Allen had a Shoulder injury that she had to overcome, so idk how much she has really played this summer... But they have a solid all around team and are well coached... Great to see them back and competing with the best

how has Highlands looked this summer? I consider them to be top 3 as well.

The emergence of Alex Adler in the post late last year was a needed plus for the LadyBirds. They are finally getting to the point where there will be some depth in each class. Frosh and Soph class are very strong. The LadyBirds will be top 4, have a shot a the regional crown this year. I think they may be a year away as they are still young. Keep an eye out for Frosh point guard Allie Connor, going to be an impact player the next 4 years.

I gave my outlook on the region on another thread. To long to give again but I see it as Boone, Highlands, and NCC with ND knocking on the door. Conner has some good players but other than Hodges I see no other rebounders. and once again they will get hurt by bigger teams in the paint. Long and Beasley will be pressed from the minute they leave the locker room. How they handle that will determine how far they go.

Highlands struggled a little this summer, but they were without their leading scorer Katie Allen and second leading scorer and leading rebounder Bekah Towles (sophmores to be). These two additions to the team when the season starts will help in a big way. I think Boone has to be the front runner with Highlands second and NC third. For NC to be successful they've got to keep the ball in Sandfoss's and Cundiff's hands.

Jordan Kramer of Conner will be there to help Hodges. I don't know how Asia Adams has done this summer but if she has improved she will def help out down low she is about six foot two with really long arms

  • Author
I gave my outlook on the region on another thread. To long to give again but I see it as Boone, Highlands, and NCC with ND knocking on the door. Conner has some good players but other than Hodges I see no other rebounders. and once again they will get hurt by bigger teams in the paint. Long and Beasley will be pressed from the minute they leave the locker room. How they handle that will determine how far they go.

 

Conner had a very tall girl come off the bench last year. She was at least 6'4". Very raw, but if she works, could be a factor. Needs to put on some pounds though. I call Boone, Highlands, NDA, Holmes, NCC, Conner as my top 5 with Ludlow a close 6. Don't count out the Panthers. Stamm has had a ton of girls working all summer long.

Conner had a very tall girl come off the bench last year. She was at least 6'4". Very raw, but if she works, could be a factor. Needs to put on some pounds though. I call Boone, Highlands, NDA, Holmes, NCC, Conner as my top 5 with Ludlow a close 6. Don't count out the Panthers. Stamm has had a ton of girls working all summer long.

 

 

Is it possible to have 6 teams as your top 5?

  • Author
Is it possible to have 6 teams as your top 5?

 

sorry, I meant to have NCC/Conner as a tie with Ludlow the 7th. Sorry, it's the summer, forgive me please!

Conner had a very tall girl come off the bench last year. She was at least 6'4". Very raw, but if she works, could be a factor. Needs to put on some pounds though. I call Boone, Highlands, NDA, Holmes, NCC, Conner as my top 5 with Ludlow a close 6. Don't count out the Panthers. Stamm has had a ton of girls working all summer long.

There are so many question marks about every team I think it is impossible to tell how things will shake out.

Boone- Can they find a leader they apparently lacked last year.

ND- Can they play well without the big girls who left.

Holmes- Can they replace their point guard and get Webb to play hard all the time.

Highlands- Can they overcome the lack of consistency they showed last year.

NCC- Can they replace the points and rebounds Klei took with her.

Connor- Must replace the seniors who left.

Ludlow- Will their lack of a tough schedule do them in again.

 

With all these questions I think it is real toss up and should provide for a very interesting season. Only question is with the Ky Post ceasing at year end will we even be able to find out who wins the games and who scored the points.

We will sorely miss Terry Boemker, Jim Osbourn and crew. They always did a great job covering games. Ryan Ernst does a good job also, but we don't seem to get near te quantity of coverage from the Enquirer as the Post has given us.

  • Author
There are so many question marks about every team I think it is impossible to tell how things will shake out.

Boone- Can they find a leader they apparently lacked last year.

ND- Can they play well without the big girls who left.

Holmes- Can they replace their point guard and get Webb to play hard all the time.

Highlands- Can they overcome the lack of consistency they showed last year.

NCC- Can they replace the points and rebounds Klei took with her.

Connor- Must replace the seniors who left.

Ludlow- Will their lack of a tough schedule do them in again.

 

With all these questions I think it is real toss up and should provide for a very interesting season. Only question is with the Ky Post ceasing at year end will we even be able to find out who wins the games and who scored the points.

We will sorely miss Terry Boemker, Jim Osbourn and crew. They always did a great job covering games. Ryan Ernst does a good job also, but we don't seem to get near te quantity of coverage from the Enquirer as the Post has given us.

 

Ditto...very good point...

There are so many question marks about every team I think it is impossible to tell how things will shake out.

Boone- Can they find a leader they apparently lacked last year.

ND- Can they play well without the big girls who left.

Holmes- Can they replace their point guard and get Webb to play hard all the time.

Highlands- Can they overcome the lack of consistency they showed last year.

NCC- Can they replace the points and rebounds Klei took with her.

Connor- Must replace the seniors who left.

Ludlow- Will their lack of a tough schedule do them in again.

 

With all these questions I think it is real toss up and should provide for a very interesting season. Only question is with the Ky Post ceasing at year end will we even be able to find out who wins the games and who scored the points.

We will sorely miss Terry Boemker, Jim Osbourn and crew. They always did a great job covering games. Ryan Ernst does a good job also, but we don't seem to get near te quantity of coverage from the Enquirer as the Post has given us.

 

Maybe just maybe the Enquirer will get smart and hire the above gentlemen to suplement Ryan and his crew to give us in NKy some great high school sports coverage. And yes I still believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.