Deters: Independence County

cshs81

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, they own alot of it, but I've always wondered what a "Family Dinner" at their house is like.

I know how Charlie can be, and understand why some people don't like him, but I respect the man, his other son I get along with well, and enjoy talking to or even hanging out with for the most part, but Eric. Gosh, sometimes I just don't see how even his own family could stand him, other than the act they feel they have to or should.

Hmmm could be, most people think of Independence as just the town area, but it would include, SK, Twenhoffel, Summiet View, Kenton Elementary, Whites Tower, & Beechgrove.

I suppose Piner would just be a feeder into the middle schools?

What would happen to the employees of the schools? They are employed by Kenton County.

• 2 weeks later...
Independence is the 3rd fastest growing city in Kentucky. Deters knows this and is trying to get it while its hot.

The fact that Independence is growing so fast is the main argument against the jail. There were other proposed sites that the people were allowed to turn down (possibly because of who they were). This site was forced upon the people by Drees and he wasn't going to let them have an option to vote against it. All the hoopla about Independence becoming their own county is just a show being used to go against the jail. I mean I understand why many many people don't like Eric, but as for the jail site, I'm wondering how many of you all would want it being right next to your home.

As far as the library is concerned, although Eric's proposed site was up by Kroger's, he was right. The spot that they have it in now is really not that nice and not a good location. His spot would be right in the middle of Independence, and wouldn't have a bunch of old, run down looking stores near it like the Walton Nicholson location. Plus, I don't think it's fair to criticize Eric for wanting it on his own land when the land sold to the library was owned by someone who pulled some strings to get it built there.

Will Independence become it's own county? No, not a chance in my mind. Should the jail be built in Independence, I honestly think there are other locations that would be more ideal, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it if it does come. Do most of the posters on here that are bashing Deters have a reason? More than likely yes, but believe it or not he does get some things right (not the Independence County).