Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adidas It Takes 5ive AAU Tournament

Featured Replies

  • Author
I saw Euton play on Friday and he doesn't excite me at all......Looks to me to be a very average player. I hope his game gets better in the next couple years. He seems really soft and doesn't rebound very well for his size. I wasn't that impressed.........:confused:

I'll leave what I saw thiss weekend at this. Euton has a long way to go to be ready for high major D1 basketball. Can he make it happen? Sure. His coach raved about his work ethic, and how he's the perfect teammate. Those things are going to help him along the way, but there are some skills you just can't teach. Does he have enough positive skill sets to offset the negative? Only time will tell...

  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll leave what I saw thiss weekend at this. Euton has a long way to go to be ready for high major D1 basketball. Can he make it happen? Sure. His coach raved about his work ethic, and how he's the perfect teammate. Those things are going to help him along the way, but there are some skills you just can't teach. Does he have enough positive skill sets to offset the negative? Only time will tell...

 

 

The challenge for us "experts" including me is to remember that he has not had SOPH English or math yet. This kid is YOUNG. Its hard to remember that when watching him play. I'd be curious to hear BCG expound on what he saw in the kid in Lexington to make the offer so early. He's obviously projecting (in other words "betting on the come") which is risky. If he was a senior RIGHT NOW, he'd be D2 or D3 with his CURRENT skill set. As I said earlier, 3 years is a lot of time to develop.

 

I do trust, though, that BCG is seeing much more than I have.

The challenge for us "experts" including me is to remember that he has not had SOPH English or math yet. This kid is YOUNG. Its hard to remember that when watching him play. I'd be curious to hear BCG expound on what he saw in the kid in Lexington to make the offer so early. He's obviously projecting (in other words "betting on the come") which is risky. If he was a senior RIGHT NOW, he'd be D2 or D3 with his CURRENT skill set. As I said earlier, 3 years is a lot of time to develop.

 

I do trust, though, that BCG is seeing much more than I have.

 

While that is true. After Tubby's major mistake with Lofton, UK fan's don't want any talented kid from the bluegrass going to school out of town. I think that has a lot more to do with it than most people think.

While that is true. After Tubby's major mistake with Lofton, UK fan's don't want any talented kid from the bluegrass going to school out of town. I think that has a lot more to do with it than most people think.

 

If that's the reason a coach offers any kid, it's stupid. You offer kids you think will help the program win, not ones that you think will appease a fan base.

While that is true. After Tubby's major mistake with Lofton, UK fan's don't want any talented kid from the bluegrass going to school out of town. I think that has a lot more to do with it than most people think.

 

Then he "Gillespie" should have locked in Chad Jackson first. Euton is going to be a good one theres not doubt, he is tall, can shoot the three and will be fine at UK. Chad Jackson is who I am hearing has OJ Mayo skills.

Then he "Gillespie" should have locked in Chad Jackson first. Euton is going to be a good one theres not doubt, he is tall, can shoot the three and will be fine at UK. Chad Jackson is who I am hearing has OJ Mayo skills.

 

While he has a lot of potential there was nothing about Jackson that would even make me think about comparing him to OJ.

  • Author
While he has a lot of potential there was nothing about Jackson that would even make me think about comparing him to OJ.

I agree...

If that's the reason a coach offers any kid, it's stupid. You offer kids you think will help the program win, not ones that you think will appease a fan base.

 

On that hoopstar website they have him top 15 for his class. I don't know the credibility of the site. But they seemed to have the other marquee names on it to. He is certainly not projected to be a cigar player. He should be an impact player hopefully. And during team turmoil 2 under Tubby everyone said "We need more KY kids who understand what it means to play for UK."

  • Author

2009 Wallace Judge from the 16 DC Assault was the kid that just "looked the part" for me in that group. Total baby face and SLIM frame at a legit 6'8" that has a lot to learn from what oozed to be new found height. Almost clumsy with equal parts brilliance. He sums up the first two days of action for me...

2009 Wallace Judge from the 16 DC Assault was the kid that just "looked the part" for me in that group. Total baby face and SLIM frame at a legit 6'8" that has a lot to learn from what oozed to be new found height. Almost clumsy with equal parts brilliance. He sums up the first two days of action for me...

 

What # was he for them? I caught some of their game this afternoon before I left.

2009 Wallace Judge from the 16 DC Assault was the kid that just "looked the part" for me in that group. Total baby face and SLIM frame at a legit 6'8" that has a lot to learn from what oozed to be new found height. Almost clumsy with equal parts brilliance. He sums up the first two days of action for me...

 

DC Assault are usually loaded

  • Author
What # was he for them? I caught some of their game this afternoon before I left.

#30 with his wrist and thumb wrapped...

#30 with his wrist and thumb wrapped...

 

Figured that was the one. He's going to be a player. Was you able to get some nice rivals video today? I hope you were able to get Yancey's nice spin and slam this afternoon against the gators. I had moved to the other side of the gym by then an still saw it. Looked pretty impressive from far away.

  • Author
I hope you were able to get Yancey's nice spin and slam this afternoon against the gators. I had moved to the other side of the gym by then an still saw it. Looked pretty impressive from far away.

I had a great shot of that one. I was shooting from the baseline where he caught the ball and zoomed in as he spun and threw it down. I have about 2 hours of video to sort through in the week leading up to my wedding. Should be interesting to see what can get finished before the Jamaican honeymoon. 10 days with no work starting Friday. Not sure I can handle it... :lol:

I had a great shot of that one. I was shooting from the baseline where he caught the ball and zoomed in as he spun and threw it down. I have about 2 hours of video to sort through in the week leading up to my wedding. Should be interesting to see what can get finished before the Jamaican honeymoon. 10 days with no work starting Friday. Not sure I can handle it... :lol:

 

Sounds like a tough gig. :flame:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.