How Much is Dunn Worth?

stark

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the original topic ... the Angels are hardly the organization to assess Dunn's value on the market. Anaheim has a reputation for being very reluctant to part with its young talent for a player that could put them over the hump. At the same time, the Angels' farm system is well-stocked with infield prospects and pitching, so they keep fielding phone calls.

If you move him it's how you spend the 13 million over what you get in return. And a #4 or #5 from where???

Agreed.

However, I'm not taking the average 4 or 5. I'll hold out a bit longer. Someone will cave.

A #3 starter in Anaheim is a #1 or 2 in cincy. If Guardado comes back weathers becomes your 7th or 8th inning pitcher and you have Homer as your #4 and Belisle as your #5 and Harang and Arryo sewed up for 3 more years. Votto will be our 1st basemen next year, the 1 area we will need is agood all around catcher IMO

Harang was about 9th on the depth chart in Oakland when we got him. Bronson was #5 in Boston. With the right trading partner there are 4th and 5th starters I'd take for Dunn...

The Angels are one of those teams IMO.....

They have Weaver, Santana, Colon, Lackey, Escobar.....I'd take any of those guys.

The perfect trade for the reds and the angels//reds trade dunn,freel and ross for santana and napoli we get our starter and a catcher and the angels get power and speed
If you could persuade Bill Stoneman to pull the trigger on that deal, you need to be the Reds' GM and I'm taking you with me to pitch an offer to Halle Berry. :lol:

The Angels are one of those teams IMO.....

They have Weaver, Santana, Colon, Lackey, Escobar.....I'd take any of those guys.

I wouldn't take Colon or Escobar (questions about his long-term durability and reliability) in a deal for Dunn, but the other three would look good in anyone's uniform for the next few years ...