Greenwood 4 Ryle 0 (State Softball Championship)

Although the scoreboard site has Ryle winning, I went to see the boxscore and it showed that Greenwood had in fact won the game by a final score of 4-0. A link to the boxscore can be found by clicking here.

Congrats to the Lady Gators for doing what most didn't think anyone would this this year...dethrone Ryle and pitching phenom Kirsten Allen.

Below is a list of those who made the All-Tournament Team and who won some awards:

ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM

Michelle Dresselhaus (Oldham County), Jessica Pierce (Oldham County), Larkyn Wood (Scott County), Jordan Blair (Scott County), Gretchen Lorenz (Ryle), Jamie Miller (Ryle), Kirsten Allen (Ryle), Elizabeth Ferrell (Greenwood), Amanda Walden (Greenwood), Chelsea Birchell (Greenwood)

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

Rachel Riley (Greenwood)

KENTUCKY ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AWARD

Bethany Russell (Ryle)

FIRST CORBIN FINANCIAL CORPORATION SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD

Lindsey Green (Greenwood)

Congrats to the Greenwood Lady Gators. Keep your heads up thought Ryle. Going to back to back state championships is very impressive and you overcame a lot of adversity having to play 8 games in a 2 day span.

I would think that the loss to Scott County ultimately cost Ryle the championship. Its too much to ask to complete the schedule they did , even with Kirsten Allen, and then go against a rested , very good Greenwood team.

Congrats to the Lady Gators for doing what most didn't think anyone would this this year...dethrone Ryle and pitching phenom Kirsten Allen.

Wasn't Greenwood the #1 team in the state this year at the end of the regular season?

I agree that Ryles road to the championship was very hard on Allen and congrats to Greenwood... But Allen will be back next year and should Ryle right back here to compete for another state title

I would think that the loss to Scott County ultimately cost Ryle the championship. Its too much to ask to complete the schedule they did , even with Kirsten Allen, and then go against a rested , very good Greenwood team.

:thumb: Greenwood is very good and it would have been a great battle had both teams been rested. They were the better team this year, especially by 7:00 p.m. with Ryle playing so many games and the Greenies deserved the championship this year. Congrats to Greenwood. Ryle and Greenwood would have to be the two faves heading into next year.

Hard to believe they would make any team play more than 2 games in one day, those ladies had to be a bit tired. I don't follow FPS but I had no idea Allen had one more year left for the Raiders, the Raiders should be solid with her on the mound, along with the entire infield minues their catcher.

Don't forget about North Laurel. The Lady Jags lose only one player and were six outs away from beating Greenwood.

Ryle, North and Greenwood are my top three picks.

I would look for Scott County to be in that mix of contenders as well.