Top Posters In This Topic

PepRock, I have one question:

Am I going to be treated to a concert on our way to Lexington next week? :lol:

Uh, no.

3 occasions I will sing:

1) At Church.

2) When doing Karaoke.

3) When all alone.

Why I won't sing in front of people outside of 1 & 2, I don't know.

Sweet Caroline bah bah bah

-that's all I got.:walk: Walking away from this one.

That brings back memories of my Red Sox experience. 33,000 fans doing karaoke to the same song. :ylsuper:

I love singing It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by REM. Simply put, it's nearly impossible for me to sound like Michael Stipe, and I basically just end up shouting the lyrics to keep up, but since I know most of them, I can do it pretty well. It's hilarious.

I love singing It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by REM. Simply put, it's nearly impossible for me to sound like Michael Stipe, and I basically just end up shouting the lyrics to keep up, but since I know most of them, I can do it pretty well. It's hilarious.

A buddy of mine can do the whole thing without a mistake. He knows it by heart.

^I never could. She must have been using some crazy black market hairspray not availble in the U.S......or perhaps only in Texas.

If I ever come across any I'll let you know so you can live your childhood dream. :lol:

So, this is just a tangent, random weird post, but....

I was reading this thread yesterday, and it made me think of the best person I'd ever heard sing Karaoke. She is a friend of mine from a long time ago, with whom I've since lost touch. We would go out to Akiko's back in the day, and she'd sing. And BOY could she sing! One night she sang White Rabbit and it literally sent chills down my spine! It was phenonmenal! Song references aside, it is probably one of the most difficult songs to sing. Her range and power were litereally spine-tingling.

Well, as I thought about her, and our Karaoke nights, I got a phone call here at work. It was her! She's now a music therapist in Cleveland and is coming into town in November and called to let me know.

Wow...how strange....and that's the 2nd long-lost friend I've heard from in a week....

I can give you my best friend's number. She's definitely the better singer. :D
Let's see: A 20-something, cute blonde giving him the phone number of another 20-something girl. No, I don't see that being a problem with his wife at all! :thumb:

;)