Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown College High School Camp

Featured Replies

From what I have saw. Estill County coach was out of hand on several occasions griping at the young officials. He intimidated several of them and acted foolish.

All coaches need to remember that it is summer ball and the refs are trying to get better too, just like your team.

Pretty Sure he was working hard and trying to make his kids better.

If the referees get imtimidated that easily they need to find a different way to supplement their income.

Part of refereeing is dealing with coaches just like coaching is knowing how to handle kids. Young Referees need to learn how to handle situations like that just like young coaches need to learn how to handle players. If summer is for learning then officials can learn to handle coaches too. I'm sure it was never personal and I can guarantee profanity was never used. Besides, Refs have the ultimate equalizer a quick T is good medicine for many an irate coach- especially in a close game.

From what I saw, he wasn't the only one that was displeased at times with the referees (many showed their displeasure just as bad or worse) - I just think he is pointed out more often because of his size and booming voice. Let's make sure we know the power of words when we decide to post that a coach was acting out of line. I'm sure he would have been open to your criticism if you would have found him at the camp and let him know what you thought.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Does anyone know who won each division?

Does anyone know who won each division?

Pretty Sure Perry Co. Central won the Varsity B division.

Pretty Sure he was working hard and trying to make his kids better.

If the referees get imtimidated that easily they need to find a different way to supplement their income.

Part of refereeing is dealing with coaches just like coaching is knowing how to handle kids. Young Referees need to learn how to handle situations like that just like young coaches need to learn how to handle players. If summer is for learning then officials can learn to handle coaches too. I'm sure it was never personal and I can guarantee profanity was never used. Besides, Refs have the ultimate equalizer a quick T is good medicine for many an irate coach- especially in a close game.

From what I saw, he wasn't the only one that was displeased at times with the referees (many showed their displeasure just as bad or worse) - I just think he is pointed out more often because of his size and booming voice. Let's make sure we know the power of words when we decide to post that a coach was acting out of line. I'm sure he would have been open to your criticism if you would have found him at the camp and let him know what you thought.

 

If he did happen to act "out of line" it wouldn't be the first time for him.:creepy:

Uhhm, so, now back to the games! As KJ52 asked, does anyone know who won each division?

I would say Perry County won all but Varsity/Freshman Divisions (I know Logan, WV beat Scott County in Freshman Division), Happy does not require Birth Certificates for the respective divisions! It looked as if PCC had 16 year olds playing in the 7th Grade Division...I guess it's whatever floats their boat!

Pretty Sure he was working hard and trying to make his kids better.

If the referees get imtimidated that easily they need to find a different way to supplement their income.

Part of refereeing is dealing with coaches just like coaching is knowing how to handle kids. Young Referees need to learn how to handle situations like that just like young coaches need to learn how to handle players. If summer is for learning then officials can learn to handle coaches too. I'm sure it was never personal and I can guarantee profanity was never used. Besides, Refs have the ultimate equalizer a quick T is good medicine for many an irate coach- especially in a close game.

From what I saw, he wasn't the only one that was displeased at times with the referees (many showed their displeasure just as bad or worse) - I just think he is pointed out more often because of his size and booming voice. Let's make sure we know the power of words when we decide to post that a coach was acting out of line. I'm sure he would have been open to your criticism if you would have found him at the camp and let him know what you thought.

 

How much did Georgetown pay the referees for these games?

If he did happen to act "out of line" it wouldn't be the first time for him.:creepy:

As I am sure it isn't the first time for many coaches = coaches sometimes getting carried away has been part of the game since naismith and the peachbasket. ;)

How much did Georgetown pay the referees for these games?

 

$0!

$0!

 

I actually think that Happy pays the staff he hires (his current and former players) about $200 for the week - he then lets the BBA use the camp for young/new officials to "try out". These officials make $0 and may actually pay the BBA a fee to participate.

From what I hear Happy's players do a better job than the BBA wanna be guys.

How much did Georgetown pay the referees for these games?

The referees at georgetown colllege camp are notoriously bad year in and year out. When we were still attending this camp the reefs were talking on cell phones, looking out windows, and put off a very strong vibe that they didnt want to be there.

the reefs were talking on cell phones,

Was one of them named Great Barrier? LOL. Sorry. :jump:

Pretty funny stuff above. In a strange twist from referees, unless I have missed it, we still haven't heard who won all of the divisions. Anyone have that info?

The referees at georgetown colllege camp are notoriously bad year in and year out. When we were still attending this camp the reefs were talking on cell phones, looking out windows, and put off a very strong vibe that they didnt want to be there.

 

Thats funny because you see coaches talking on their cell phones during games in the summer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.