Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Springfield, Minn., to Simpsons: Drop dead

Featured Replies

SPRINGFIELD, Minn.- For years, fans of "The Simpsons" have obsessively looked for clues to the exact location of the fictional TV family's hometown of Springfield.

 

They can cross Springfield, Minn., off the list.

 

Sixteen U.S. cities named Springfield have agreed to participate in a nationwide contest sponsored by "The Simpsons Movie" to be named as the yellow-skinned cartoon family's hometown, with the winner landing a free preview screening of the movie that comes out in July.

 

"We couldn't find any interest in town that would spearhead the project," said City Manager Mac Tilberg, who chatted with the City Council and asked around town before declining Hollywood's invitation.

 

"Everything the fictitious Springfield is, we're not. We're a clean, close-knit community. There's no pollution, no waste dumps, nobody misbehaving all the time. And we don't want to be made a parody of," Tilberg said.

 

http://www.twincities.com/searchresults/ci_6020213?nclick_check=1

Sounds like the folks in Springfield, Minn., are a little too uptight for their own good.

And besides, I thought it was well-established that Springfield was the Ky version, considering the frequent references to Shelbyville being in the next county over, the way it is in our fair state.

And besides, I thought it was well-established that Springfield was the Ky version, considering the frequent references to Shelbyville being in the next county over, the way it is in our fair state.

I brought this up in a thread about two months ago about the Simpsons, in the "Behind The Laughter" 9I think that was the name of it) episode, it mentioned them as "This Northern Kentucky Family".

 

So the makers of the movie needs to research and go with what was actually mentioned, which is the only time they gave any clue to where the Simpsons lived. :D

I saw the same episode "Behind the Laughter" I think that they are actually from Kentucky.

I brought this up in a thread about two months ago about the Simpsons, in the "Behind The Laughter" 9I think that was the name of it) episode, it mentioned them as "This Northern Kentucky Family".

:D

I remember this quote! I mentioned it to a few people and they told me I was crazy. I'm so glad someone else heard it too...

Makes me proud to be from Kentucky then, lol.

I hope that more things makes you proud :D

I remember this quote! I mentioned it to a few people and they told me I was crazy. I'm so glad someone else heard it too...

Why? were you starting to believe them? LOL :sssh: JK

Sounds like the folks in Springfield, Minn., are a little too uptight for their own good.

 

 

 

Or maybe the city just has some respect for themselves.

% The Simpsons sit on a grassy hill beside a pond.

 

Narr.: The Simpsons' bitter past was forgotten, and now the future looks

brighter than ever for this northern Kentucky family.

 

Homer: We put all the craziness behind us, and now it's time to get back to

what matters: the show ... and the Sunday comic strip.

Also, I do recall that in one episode the school kids sing a "big ode to Kentucky" during an assembly. Im not sure which season or episode though.

Why? were you starting to believe them? LOL :sssh: JK

They were making alot of sense...

Or maybe the city just has some respect for themselves.

 

Of course they have respect for themselves, but to actually think that the fictitious animated town (with all different climates ranging from the Springfield desert to the Murderhorn Mountain range) is supposed to be based off of them is ridiculous.

 

It sounds to me like an adult wearing diapers: "B-but, but that's not like us! We don't behave like that! Waaaa!"

 

They need to get over themselves.

"We had cowards back in the revolution, too. We called them KENTUCKIANS!" -George Washington in "Lisa the Iconoclast"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.