Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 11 West Jessamine 8

Featured Replies

What are some of Ryles strenghts and weaknesses?

 

 

They start 8 seniors who have been starting since their sophomore year. They are very deep with pitching, and for the most part, they make all the plays. They also have very good Team speed. As far as weaknesses, I really don't see to many. I guess the one thing they don't have is a "stud" pitcher. Not anyone who is over powering, I would say. However, they are very deep at pitcher, they all are crafty, and throw strikes.

 

 

As for Somerset?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They start 8 seniors who have been starting since their sophomore year. They are very deep with pitching, and for the most part, they make all the plays. They also have very good Team speed. As far as weaknesses, I really don't see to many. I guess the one thing they don't have is a "stud" pitcher. Not anyone who is over powering, I would say. However, they are very deep at pitcher, they all are crafty, and throw strikes.

 

 

As for Somerset?

Somerset is very athletic and likes to run, bunt, basically anything to put pressure on the defense. They have pretty good power in the middle of the lineup, but the key to this season so far has been the bottom of the order and its ability to get on base. When that started to happen, Somerset really started to play well.

 

As far as pitching, they are pretty solid. They won't strike out double digits, but they'll make you put it in play and their infield is solid. Good little catcher as well.

Congrats to the Briar Jumpers!!

Good luck to the Jumpers in the semi-state. The 12th Region hasn't sent a team to the state finals (either final four or final eight) since Somerset went in 1981. Its been a long time; hopefully the streak will break this year.

Quite a few teams have gone to the final 8 from the 12th since '81, and I'm pretty sure Laurel advanced to the final 4 once or twice during the 80's. I wish there was a way to look those types of things up.

Where will the Somerset/Ryle series be played at?

 

St. Henry I believe.

Quite a few teams have gone to the final 8 from the 12th since '81, and I'm pretty sure Laurel advanced to the final 4 once or twice during the 80's. I wish there was a way to look those types of things up.

 

When I say "Final 8", I mean ever since they began sending 8 teams to Applebee's Park. The "Final 4" was when each section winner went to the state finals.

 

No 12th Region team has been to the state finals since Somerset in 1981. Laurel County's last trip was in 1976, losing to Owensboro 3-2 in the semifinals. You might be thinking about some of those good Pulaski and Russell teams, but none of them were able to make it out of the sectionals. I'll send you the info if you would like...

When I say "Final 8", I mean ever since they began sending 8 teams to Applebee's Park. The "Final 4" was when each section winner went to the state finals.

 

No 12th Region team has been to the state finals since Somerset in 1981. Laurel County's last trip was in 1976, losing to Owensboro 3-2 in the semifinals. You might be thinking about some of those good Pulaski and Russell teams, but none of them were able to make it out of the sectionals. I'll send you the info if you would like...

That makes sense; Pulaski made the sectional finals two years in a row a few years back to be one teh final 8 teams, but that was in the days of the old section 3 tournament. I'm pretty good with 12th region history back until about '90, but please send me what info you have. Thanks.

How far are you from Lexington?

How far of a drive is it going to be for Somerset fans?

 

It's at the most 2 hours.

  • Author

How come the games are going to be played so close to Ryle, and yet to far away from Somerset? Is it just the luck of the draw or what decides where it will be played?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.