Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 2 Highlands 1

Featured Replies

Dixie has a large school but such a small turn out for baseball, I am hoping that the new field will get a few more boy's to try out next year. I know we have some great ball player's who just dont try out.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true today. Nothing has been passed yet to include 8th graders. He is free to go to CCH (and we'll take him) without any sit.

 

Of course, that Maile kid might be a problem for him for a few years.

 

 

This is correct... I was speaking of public schools and the eligiblity of an eighth grader that played varsity.

Dixie has a large school but such a small turn out for baseball, I am hoping that the new field will get a few more boy's to try out next year. I know we have some great ball player's who just dont try out.

 

Which never made sense to me, because Max isn't a hard coach to play for.

Dixie has a large school but such a small turn out for baseball, I am hoping that the new field will get a few more boy's to try out next year. I know we have some great ball player's who just dont try out.

 

How many kids do they have in the baseball program this year? How many players did they cut? I'm guessing they kept 15+ players on varsity , 15 more on JV, and 15 on the frosh team. 45 players doesn't seem like small numbers to me. Sure there are some kids who could have come out and didn't but I would prefer to focus on the 40+ kids who are on the team.

I'd prefer, we discuss the Dixie and Highlands baseball game....which was 2-1.

For the size of dixie we should have had 40+ kids trying out for varsity alone. I do think the new sports complex at dixie will not only get new kids to try out but also bring us kids who may have chose another school otherwise.( I am talking all sports)

How hard was Allen throwing in those first 2 innings? Or is he a spot pitcher?

How hard was Allen throwing in those first 2 innings? Or is he a spot pitcher?

 

He throws mid 80's and hits his spots. Good change of speed and good control of his breaking ball. More of a smart pitcher then an over powering pitcher. Great kid.

Congrats to the Birds and an excellent showing all season! Good luck to the Red Colonels! ...Coach Johnson still gets my COY vote....if I had one!

Not true today. Nothing has been passed yet to include 8th graders. He is free to go to CCH (and we'll take him) without any sit.

 

Of course, that Maile kid might be a problem for him for a few years.

 

 

After realizing who he is tonight, you'll never get him. :D I feel so old now that I know who he is. I can't believe he's in the 8th grade now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.