Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 10 Rowan Co 9

Featured Replies

Great 1st round game between Ashland and Rowan. Ashland was up 8-0 in bottom of 5th and Rowan scores 8 runs in the 5th but Ashland hangs on. Pitiful coaching decision from Rowan's coach because they didn't start Matt Martin, who beat Ashland 2 weeks ago with 14 strikeouts and Rowan's coach didn't even start Martin against Ashland. I don't understand that decision making. If I have a "stud" who had 14 strikeouts against Ashland 2 weeks ago and beats Ashland don't you think that I would start him again. You can't play Wednesday until you take care of Monday. I have no idea what the coach from Rowan County was thinking. I believe if Martin would have pitched the beginning of the game, I don't think Ashland would score 10 runs. I mean Ashland would have scored but I don't believe they would have scored 10 runs. Very poor coaching decision from Rowan's head coach of not starting your best pitcher who is going to Georgetown College on a baseball scholarship next season. Martin should have pitched the beginning of the game without a doubt, you can't save someone else until you win on Monday. Bad decision from the coaches at Rowan County.:confused:

Matt is the ace...this was a bonehead decision...there's no tomorrow. Can't understand that unless the kid was hurt or sick.

Matt is the ace...this was a bonehead decision...there's no tomorrow. Can't understand that unless the kid was hurt or sick.

 

How do you not throw Martin? Rowan was good, but not near good enough to look over Ashland.

I can understand not starting Martin, what I can't understand is letting the starter have such a long rope. Knowing their second round game, was probably going to be easier than their first. I'm sure they were trying to save Martin for the championship. East done the same thing last year and didn't learn from it. Though, they tried to pitch their number 3 guy last night and it didn't work very well. By the time Seagraves came into the game, it was to late. I do understand Rowan's theory, they just let it get out of hand, before bringing in Martin.

But you have to get past the 1st game to get to the 2nd, and win the 2nd to get to the championship. I would take it one game at a time.

But you have to get past the 1st game to get to the 2nd, and win the 2nd to get to the championship. I would take it one game at a time.

 

got to agree with with ya on this one, there is no tomarrow.

The pitcher East started last night was an off-speed guy which has been known to give Boyd a little trouble in the past. It didn't work and Sagraves came into a 2-0 game. I wouldn't say that was too late. East started their #2 against Ashland last year and he threw a 2 hitter losing 2-1 because Brandon Williams threw an unbelievable game. I am not sure East's #1 could have done much better than a 2 hitter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.