Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region - First Round

Featured Replies

I will give you the 2nd inning call on the force out, but in the 1st inning IMO the runner was safe. I haven't been in the area long enough to give any credence to preferential calls for the bigger schools but I will say that Ludlow had no shot today the way Weis threw.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

futurecoach

Ryle was the only team I had not see in the region this year, and after seeing them I even more convince that the 9th region this year is definitely the weakest it has been in MANY years....

 

They sure didn't look so weak to me today on their way to the mercy of Ludlow.

I will give you the 2nd inning call on the force out, but in the 1st inning IMO the runner was safe. I haven't been in the area long enough to give any credence to preferential calls for the bigger schools but I will say that Ludlow had no shot today the way Weis threw.

 

Well if you read what I said, I agree Ludlow would not have won today anyways because they couldn't touch the pitcher. But that runner at second definitely looked out to me, unless he just missed the tag, but it didn't look like that to me. And well that force out, I glad you agree but its call like that, that usually happen. If its close at all, the team that usually is suppose to win, will get the benefit of the doubt. Which is just wrong, and I have seen it to many times. If those two calls didn't happen it would have been a 3 to 0 ballgame and Ludlow would have had all the confidence in the world still, and Ryle might have not have been as confident. However I admit it wouldn't have mattered with the way Weis threw today, but I just tired of seeing umps do calls like that every game because it is not right and really kills the small schools, or just team that are not expected to win...

They sure didn't look so weak to me today on their way to the mercy of Ludlow.

 

They did not hit the ball that great at all today, they in the last two innings ended up having a couple of long drives. But besides that they didn't look to great, they were chasing pitchers and just didn't hit the ball that hard at all today. They also had the help of Ludlow having a few miscues that helped Dixie get that mercy rule, including the last play of the game. Ryle is a good team and one of the best in the region this year, but this year the region is very weak, and doesn't have any great teams like the region has been use to seeing for the last few years...

Why don't you give some credit due to York who is a pretty good chucker. That's why Ryle looked bad at times to today.

I do agree that the 9th is not deep, but the top three or four teams IMO should be able compete with other top 20 teams in the state.

Why don't we discuss each game, in it's own thread and leave the personal comments, to the pm's....:thumb:

Tough crowd. I for one believe that the top 9th Region teams can compete quite well with other parts of the state. I was impressed with Ryle. By most accounts, York is among the top 3 or 4 pitchers in Northern KY. Ryle managed enough offense or forced enough errors to score 10 runs in 5 innings.

 

Defensively they made all of the plays which has been customary for them. The pitching was exemplary. I'm not sure if a runner ever reached 2nd base against them.

Congrats to Dixie on the win and Nichols for ptiching a gem of a game.

 

Ryle/Beechwood should be a good game with Elliot on the mound but I see Ryle winning this one again in similar fashion as game 1.

 

Who threw for the Raiders against Ludlow?

 

If Elliott is on his game it will not be "in similar fashion as game 1!" His team must play defense behind him and if he gets a few runs watch out.

 

The umpire being discussed in game two was the same home plate umpire in the first game. My question to the head of the umpires would be why after a team complained about him in the district tourney and was canned for doing the district final and then brought back to do the plate in the 1st rnd of the regional tourney w/the same team who made the complaint? I think this is a slap in the face to the coach. This umpire was a JV ump last yr and couldn't do that and now he is doing the district/regional tourney. Talk about weak in the 9th region, where did all the good umps go to, retire?

 

Good luck to all tomorrow!

I have seen calls in the past given to "smaller school" teams in games vs. Ryle so I don't buy this small school poor-me garbage. The best team finds a way to win in spite of the bad calls that are bound to come. The game today would not have been close regardless of two close calls that could have gone either way. The best team won easily today and beat a very good pitcher in York.

What region does the 9th have to play in the sectionals ?

If Elliott is on his game it will not be "in similar fashion as game 1!" His team must play defense behind him and if he gets a few runs watch out.

 

The umpire being discussed in game two was the same home plate umpire in the first game. My question to the head of the umpires would be why after a team complained about him in the district tourney and was canned for doing the district final and then brought back to do the plate in the 1st rnd of the regional tourney w/the same team who made the complaint? I think this is a slap in the face to the coach. This umpire was a JV ump last yr and couldn't do that and now he is doing the district/regional tourney. Talk about weak in the 9th region, where did all the good umps go to, retire?

 

Good luck to all tomorrow!

 

While I did not recognize all of tonight's umpires , I assume they are all 9th region, correct?

While I did not recognize all of tonight's umpires , I assume they are all 9th region, correct?

 

 

Yes .They are 9th region umps .The 1 at first is a normal varsity ump ,and a good one .The guy at 3rd I normally see do tourneys and have not seen at many HS games .Thegut behind the plate usually does younger ( 12-14 ) games in tourneys .The other 1 I do not know .

While I did not recognize all of tonight's umpires , I assume they are all 9th region, correct?

 

I was sitting with the KHSAA umpires and the head of the KHSAA umpires today during the first game. He told me that all the men in blue today were from the ninth and all the umpires in this round will be ninth region umpires. He did however tell me in the next round, we will find the KHSAA bringing in a new crew from another region.. Personally I thought the men in blue did a rather good job in all the games today.....and I only had a rooting interest in one of them...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.