Kobe Unhappy With the Lakers?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kobe + Jerry West = Championships. West was already coming back to the

Lakers for a limited role all Kobe is asking for is he takes more responsibility. Look in the Mirror for what you take your pick and aging Shaq or Kobe coming into his prime pretty easy choice if you ask me. Your right AJG they do stink and its not because of Kobe or if he was being a team player or not. You should watch games before you comment on the season. Every Kobe thread there ever is you get in here and say something like that and its the same thing every time.:sleep: There was a point in the season where Kobe went into the role of being a "good teammate" and they lost. MJ, BIg O, Wilt, Shaq, Lebron, D-Wade no one could win with this team.

I'm not talking about trying to be a good teammate with this team. In the last 5 years that Shaq and Kobe played for the Lakers the team won 3 Championships and finished runner-up. You say no one could help the current roster but that's not true. On the 3 Championship teams the 3rd best player on the roster was: Glenn Rice in 2000, Rick Fox in 2001, and Derek Fisher in 2002. With Shaq and Kobe all the team needed was a competant 3rd banana to be a contender. Since the blowup gave Kobe what he wanted, which was to be the Alpha Dog the team is a grand total of 4 games over .500 and hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs. Kobe has Lamar Odom who fits the role of 3rd banana perfectly--the problem is Kobe doesn't want to share the spotlight with another elite player. If he did Shaq would have won his 4th + ring(s) with the Lakers instead of with Dwayne Wade and the Heat. Kobe got what he asked for and he deserves every minute of it. As Smilin' Jack Ross said in A Few Good Men: "Those are the facts, and they are undisputable....."

I'm not talking about trying to be a good teammate with this team. In the last 5 years that Shaq and Kobe played for the Lakers the team won 3 Championships and finished runner-up. You say no one could help the current roster but that's not true. On the 3 Championship teams the 3rd best player on the roster was: Glenn Rice in 2000, Rick Fox in 2001, and Derek Fisher in 2002. With Shaq and Kobe all the team needed was a competant 3rd banana to be a contender. Since the blowup gave Kobe what he wanted, which was to be the Alpha Dog the team is a grand total of 4 games over .500 and hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs. Kobe has Lamar Odom who fits the role of 3rd banana perfectly--the problem is Kobe doesn't want to share the spotlight with another elite player. If he did Shaq would have won his 4th + ring(s) with the Lakers instead of with Dwayne Wade and the Heat. Kobe got what he asked for and he deserves every minute of it. As Smilin' Jack Ross said in A Few Good Men: "Those are the facts, and they are undisputable....."

Sometimes I really think you have no idea. I'm not even going to get into this with you again its pointless.

I would be unhappy to if I was the best player in the NBA and my team won't give me anyone to win with. This is a HUGE off season for the Lakers. They finally have cap room room to work with and young guys to deal to get players. They need to do something.

Sometimes I really think you have no idea. I'm not even going to get into this with you again its pointless.

What part of what I said wasn't true? The part about the 3 titles and a runner up in 5 years? The part about Kobe not being able to coexist with Shaq? The part about the Lakers not winning a playoff series since Shaq left? The part about Shaq winning one with Wade and a supporting cast not any better than what the Lakers have now (Payton, Mourning, Walker)? The part about those championship Lakers teams being won on the backs of 2 players? Tell me, what's not true there?

The deal I heard, and this was on "First Take", was Gordon, Deng, and B.Wallace for Kobe...

Yikes. That's taking two huge pieces of your core plus Wallace. I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on that or not. Plus I've always heard Deng is untouchable.

What part of what I said wasn't true? The part about the 3 titles and a runner up in 5 years? The part about Kobe not being able to coexist with Shaq? The part about the Lakers not winning a playoff series since Shaq left? The part about Shaq winning one with Wade and a supporting cast not any better than what the Lakers have now (Payton, Mourning, Walker)? The part about those championship Lakers teams being won on the backs of 2 players? Tell me, what's not true there?

So what is your point the won it with 2 good players. The Lakers don't have two good players. I'm done with you on this so don't even respond back to it.

Yikes. That's taking two huge pieces of your core plus Wallace. I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on that or not. Plus I've always heard Deng is untouchable.

Yeah good trade for LA and Kobe would b screwed again when he got to the Bulls. Anyways that was made up by mike and mike too. :lol: