Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UKs 08 recruits looking slimmer

Featured Replies

Jennings to Arizona, Monroe supposedely down to Duke or UL, Miller saying he's leaning toward Illinois, Singleton saying UK has cooled on him, we're only ranked about 3rd or 4th in Liggins interest...Thats 5 of the 8 top guys we were supposedely in on that don't look promissing... In addition, Zeller is supposedely a KU lean, Warren up in the air with no narrowed down list and Osby no where near a lock... It's nice to be in the mix for some of these kids, but, imo, it's not looking real promissing on the bigname recruits...Where does this leave UK and who does everyone think we'll actually land in the 08 class?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let BillyG do what he gets paid to do......

 

Who thought he would land Patterson?.....Let the man do his job.

  • Author
Let BillyG do what he gets paid to do......

 

Who thought he would land Patterson?.....Let the man do his job.

 

We have no choice but to let him do his job...I'm excited to be in the mix on alot of these kids, but, just making a point that most of these bigtime recruits have other schools ahead of the Cats at this time in there decision process.

 

I'll support them whoever they put out on the floor, but, I'm really just bringing this up because I know there are a whole lot of UK fans out there that believe we're going to land 3 or 4 players of our choice(5 star MCd AAs) and at this time, I'm not as sure as some others are and I would hope the fans won't get all bent out of shape if some of these top notch kids go elsewhere.

The reality is it will be in to the 09 class before things really get going. Most of the 8 guys mentioned plan to sign in November and have long standing relationships with the schools leading for their services. If I had to guess he will land 3 top 150 kids for 08 but they will not be of the blockbuster variety that many were expecting...

As long as it isn't Perry Stevenson looking slimmer, I'm ok.

  • Author
As long as it isn't Perry Stevenson looking slimmer, I'm ok.

 

:laugh: :laugh:

  • Author

So who does everyone think the 3 commits will be next year... I think we've got a good shot at Woods and I think Miller will still end up a Cat. Other than those 2, I'm at a loss for a 3rd guy, but, this is where a guard could come in with the departure of Crawford and Bradley....

Still a long shot on Woods right now. Miller makes sense if they can beat out UT. Cooling on Singleton doesn't make much sense to me unless he made it clear he's still a heavy UT lean. Singleton to UT would clear the way for Miller to UK. Warren to Oak Hill has lost steam, and I don't think he wants to go somewhere with a Legion and Meeks already there. I'd look for a batch of new names after the shoe camps...

The shoe camps will give a better idea of where everyone is going. No need to panic...

This can't be the case....according to some BCG backed off of guys this year to plan for next.

He has a plan, I am sure of that.

He has a plan, I am sure of that.

Tubby had a plan as well. It was plan B that caused all of the problems...

Tubby had a plan as well. It was plan B that caused all of the problems...

 

You yourself, know that's not fair to compare Gill/Tubby recruiting. Patterson/Legion are pretty good considering he had only about a month.

 

I agree with your orginal statements. 08 already had too many reservations. 09 will be his time to shine.

You yourself, know that's not fair to compare Gill/Tubby recruiting. Patterson/Legion are pretty good considering he had only about a month.

He had a big rush of energy in to a massive name program, and he landed two big names. Now we really get to see how well he can build relationships. If there is a pattern of swinging and missing on big names, it will be right there to compare. Only time will tell on that one...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.