Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best players you've seen this summer

Featured Replies

In no order (The top two which will compete for Mr. Basketball are the legit top two players in the state this year):

 

Darius Miller (Mason County)

Bud Mackey (Scott County)

Scotty Hopson (UHA)

Shelvin Mack (Bryan Station)

Arrez Henderson (Covington Holmes)

Aaron Morris (Madison Central)

Nathan Novosel (Lexington Catholic)

Landon Sloan (Paintsville)

Victor Moses (Henry Clay)*******

Matt Thomas (Ashland)

Jacob Jenkins (Manual)

Dakota Euton (Rose Hill)

Michael Sparks (Tates Creek)

Cameron Hundley (Scott County)

Tyler Brown (Apollo)

Jordan Lee (Scott County)

Clark Stepp (June Buchanan)

Jaron Jones (Bryan Station)

Victor Moses (Henry Clay)*********

Jordan Smart (Lexington Catholic)

Josh Crawford (Corbin)

Darrin Ballou (Adair)

Darnell Moore (Madisonville-North Hopkins)

Tyler Portwood (Scott County)

Adam Delph (Pleasure Ridge Park)

 

You like Victor Moses so much you added him twice

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny having you guys talking about all this after I just finished reading Raw Recruits. :laugh:

You like Victor Moses so much you added him twice

And I expect Moses to live up to his double-ranking in the upcoming season in the 11th. He's a player that goes under the radar in a usually talented pact Lexington region.

Slone's summer games with DS-AS squad will help him in the state ratings, people are starting to realize the he can play w/anyone in the state of kentucky. And he has proven how talented he is this summmer I'd probabily put him at the #7 or the #6 spot in the state ratings....jmo.

 

He definitely can play with the best in the state and I have enjoyed watching him play this spring. That said however I would not put him at #7 in the 08 class. What has impressed me is the absence of all the negatvie things I heard about while playing with his high school team (Paintsville). I haven't noticed anything like that. He is a team player that has shown he can play really tough D & probably doesn't shoot as much as he should. I havn't seen him force anything. Above all he seems to be a great kid

In no order (The top two which will compete for Mr. Basketball are the legit top two players in the state this year):

 

Darius Miller (Mason County)

Bud Mackey (Scott County)

Scotty Hopson (UHA)

Shelvin Mack (Bryan Station)

Arrez Henderson (Covington Holmes)

Aaron Morris (Madison Central)

Nathan Novosel (Lexington Catholic)

Landon Sloan (Paintsville)

Victor Moses (Henry Clay)

Matt Thomas (Ashland)

Jacob Jenkins (Manual)

Dakota Euton (Rose Hill)

Michael Sparks (Tates Creek)

Cameron Hundley (Scott County)

Tyler Brown (Apollo)

Jordan Lee (Scott County)

Clark Stepp (June Buchanan)

Jaron Jones (Bryan Station)

Victor Moses (Henry Clay)

Jordan Smart (Lexington Catholic)

Josh Crawford (Corbin)

Darrin Ballou (Adair)

Darnell Moore (Madisonville-North Hopkins)

Tyler Portwood (Scott County)

Adam Delph (Pleasure Ridge Park)

A very good list, but Tyshawn Edmondson of University Heights needs to be on it, too.

Edmondson is a name I hear a lot about. What AAU program is he playing with this spring and summer? Is it the Midstate Ballerz out of Tennessee along with Hopson?

Edmondson is a name I hear a lot about. What AAU program is he playing with this spring and summer? Is it the Midstate Ballerz out of Tennessee along with Hopson?
I don't keep up with AAU ball and, frankly, couldn't care less about it. That being said, I do think Edmondson and Hopson play for the same team.

I would have to say some kids in Louisville should be in the top 25 & others in the top 40 or so. Two that should be in top 25 are Edmonson from UHA,& Ethan Faulkner Elliott Co. Not far behind are:Chambliss kid who plays for Shining Stars, Ferguson & Evan Faulkner Elliott Co, CJ Penny-Anderson Co.(Team Ky kids starting to make a name for themselves are: Adams-Scott Co, Stephens-Montgomery Co, Maynard-Elliott Co, Keeton-Lincoln Co.)

Stewart & Gifford from Lafayette. Gifford may be the most underated player in the state

Gifford from Lafayette. Gifford may be the most underated player in the state

I didn't get time to see him play this weekend, but if he is anything like his brother watch out!

 

His brother Pete played for us in the spring two years ago and could flat out handle the ball.

I didn't get time to see him play this weekend, but if he is anything like his brother watch out!

 

His brother Pete played for us in the spring two years ago and could flat out handle the ball.

Where does Pete play now? Did he go on to college to play?

He definitely can play with the best in the state and I have enjoyed watching him play this spring. That said however I would not put him at #7 in the 08 class. What has impressed me is the absence of all the negatvie things I heard about while playing with his high school team (Paintsville). I haven't noticed anything like that. He is a team player that has shown he can play really tough D & probably doesn't shoot as much as he should. I havn't seen him force anything. Above all he seems to be a great kid

Yeah, I agree I've seen him play several times in the 15th region since he was a freshman and he's never been selfish. He could probabily average 35ppg if he wanted to be selfish, but alot of times he does seem to pass up shots that he could eaisly make and I think the reason for this is because he dosen't want people to think he is a selfish player and at times he needs to just play his game and put the ball in the basket. He's and extremly good defender, probabily the best in the 15th region and the thing that most people fail to realize is that he averaged 8 board per game while playing the 2 and 3 which makes it that much more impressive. He seems to be a very down to earth kid and intelligant kid and has the ability to play at a good college. With that being said I just can't see alot of players in the state better than him. Athletically yes, more height and bulk yes, but better all around(shooting,defending,getting to the basket,rebounding,setting up teammates,getting to the free throw line...etc) I hard for me to imagine that.

Anyone know if the Stuart kid from Lafayette is playing anywhere this summer??

Where does Pete play now? Did he go on to college to play?

You know, I don't remember where he went to college, and I even spoke to him this weekend at the KBA.

 

Man that was a team we had that spring, Pete Gifford and Tyler Wilkerson from Lafayette, Brandon Sok from Dunbar, Rich Ludka from LCA, and for a couple of tourneys we had Antonio Gilkey.

Clark Stepp June Buchanan

For some reason I really like this player most out of all your G's.

 

On Richie Phares, I hear he has a nice little hook shot now? Did you teach him that? :irked:

For some reason I really like this player most out of all your G's.

 

On Richie Phares, I hear he has a nice little hook shot now? Did you teach him that? :irked:

 

Kudos to both these guys: I have seen DS East play a few times, and both Stepp and Phares have improved over where I saw them last year... Stepp seems to playing within the team concept, and Phares is more agile.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.