Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Top 50 (Final)

Featured Replies

Here is a look at the final top 50. There was a little bit of a switch at the end with several teams either getting hot or cold. Interesting game will be #2Dunbar vs #3 Tates Creek in first round of district.

Coaches. Cleats....TEAMS.......................RECORD...SCHEDULE RANK

1------- 1------- Lexington Catholic.......29-3...........2

2------- 2------- Paul Dunbar................28-5...........1

9------- 3------- Tates Creek...............23-8............3

4------- 4------- Louisville Eastern.........29-6...........22

11------ 5------- Louisville St X............22-9............20

7--------6------- Henry Clay................19-10..........10

3------- 7------- Pleasure Ridge Park.....25-9...........19

20------ 8------- Henderson County......24-9...........4

14------ 9------- Paintsville.................27-5...........39

15------ 10------ Madisonville N. Hopkins.24-6.........27

26------ 11------ Louisville Male...........21-13.........9

12------ 12------ Danville...................24-9...........8

24------ 13------ Boyd County............23-9...........6

6------- 14------ Louisville Ballard.......20-10..........14

46------ 15------ Warren Central........21-8............51

18------ 16------ Covington Catholic...23-9............16

5------- 17------ Owensboro Catholic..23-9............17

10------ 18------ George Rogers Clark.27-4.............43

40------ 19------ Mercer County........18-9.............13

13------ 20------ Louisville Trinity......22-9.............5

27------ 21------ Ryle.....................27-6..............35

8------- 22------ Owensboro Apollo...22-10............15

nr------ 23------ Franklin County......19-11............7

19------ 24------ Oldham County.......20-5.............48

31------ 25------ Somerset...............19-8............18

25------ 26------ Lawrence County.....24-10..........32

22------ 27------ Boyle County..........23-6............26

17------ 28------ Lexington Christian..19-13...........11

38------ 29------ Harrison County......22-7............29

33------ 30------ Louisville Manual.....23-11..........28

39------ 31------ West Jessamine......17-11..........12

35------ 32------ Central Hardin.........19-11..........45

nr------- 33------ Greenup County.......21-11.........40

44------ 34------ Johnson Central.......21-11.........33

16------ 35------ Christian County......19-12.........23

29------ 36------ Larue County..........20-9...........24

nr------- 37------ Rowan County.........26-8..........41

nr------- 38------ Rockcastle County...20-9..........36

nr------- 39------ Bishop Broissart.......21-12........37

nr------- 40------ Covington Holy Cross.21-10.......44

41------ 41------ Taylor County.........21-9.........52

37------ 42------ Elizabethown..........22-11........42

34------ 43------ Louisville Butler.......23-11........25

23------ 44------ Russellville.............23-7..........56

nr------- 45------ Scott County.........18-13........34

45------ 46------ Madison Central......20-11.......31

36------ 47------ Hopkinsville............18-9.........50

nr------- 48------ Beechwood............21-15.......47

nr------- 49------ Fern Creek.............21-12.......38

43------ 50------ Campbell County.....18-12.......54

I can't believe that neither St. Mary or Heath are in the top 50

Thanks Dirtycleats.....I have enjoyed your rankings and appreciate the amount of time you must have put into this. Although there will always be fans of certain teams / regions that disagree with ALL rankings.....if you have faith in your criteria and plug in the numbers, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

 

Keep it going next year!!

  • Author
I can't believe that neither St. Mary or Heath are in the top 50

Heath was very close (#52), St.Mary was also in top 60. Many other good teams were also left out of top 50 that could very well deserve to be in there, but emphasis was put on record against quality opponents,strength of schedule, and then overall record against teams that did not make top 50 in either the coaches poll or cleats poll. My guess is that either of these two teams have a very good chance of coming out of their region, and depending on what region they get could even make it to the elite 8.

Keep up the work and like JD said, some may disagree but you've offered, an opinion of teams and I appreciate your efforts....:thumb:

Where's Highlands?????

How many High School baseball teams are there in the state?

I think somewhere between 275 and 280

Where's Highlands?????

Ft. Thomas.:lol: :lol: :lol:

But you do have a point. They can play ball with anyone. I think they'll be among the last few standing in the 9th Region.

Where's Highlands?????

 

Personally I think Highlands hurt themselves by not scheduling much tougher teams. I did write dirtycleats and told him that HHS was a very good team, but.....when you don't play anybody out of NKy it's tough to get any respect state wide. Ask your football coach why he plays such a tough schedule. I think the HHS coaches will start to schedule some better teams out of the NKy area, then you will see them move up in the rankings.....

  • Author
Personally I think Highlands hurt themselves by not scheduling much tougher teams. I did write dirtycleats and told him that HHS was a very good team, but.....when you don't play anybody out of NKy it's tough to get any respect state wide. Ask your football coach why he plays such a tough schedule. I think the HHS coaches will start to schedule some better teams out of the NKy area, then you will see them move up in the rankings.....

In my ratings I have Beechwood rated higher(based on strength of schedule) than Highlands. You have seen them both play, who do you rate higher?

In my ratings I have Beechwood rated higher(based on strength of schedule) than Highlands. You have seen them both play, who do you rate higher?

HHS has the better team...BHS has the better ace...

In my ratings I have Beechwood rated higher(based on strength of schedule) than Highlands. You have seen them both play, who do you rate higher?

 

To my surprise, they haven't play each other (I wonder why?). Beechwood has been there and done it, while the HHS team is very good, not playing the quality of teams will I think hurt them come tourney time the deeper they go....

 

I would think if Allen went up against Elliott, I would have to take Beechwood..... now if Elliott isn't pitching then maybe HHS depends on who HHS pitches.....

  • Author

Russellville loses...Coaches had them ranked 22nd,,,Cleats44th...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.