Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Coach never to win a title?

Featured Replies

Active:

 

Mark Few-Gonzaga, I think he'll get one before he retires.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Few better leave Gonzaga if he wants a championship. I would have to agree that Calapari and Sutton should be at the top of the list.

When Guy Lewis brought his dream team to Rupp that was one of the few times I wasn't worried about JoeB being outcoached.

Ray Meyer

Gene Bartow

Dale Brown

Lou Carnescia

Bobby Cremins

Lou Henson

having a brain cramp but the guy presently at UCLA

 

That would be Ben Howland.

I take objection to the following names being included in this thread:

 

Ray Meyer

Guy V. Lewis

Bobby Cremins

Lou Henson

 

All of these guys were successful because of their recruiting abilities. I know HS coaches who could coach circles around these clowns. Heck, if you're gonna include those four, you might as well toss Bill Frieder into the mix.

 

Personally, I'd go with Gene Keady or Eddie Sutton.

Does Huggins have one? Too lazy to look it up.

 

I would agree with Keady and Sutton.

Does Huggins have one? Too lazy to look it up.

 

I would agree with Keady and Sutton.

 

I'd put Huggs on my list as well.

I take objection to the following names being included in this thread:

 

Ray Meyer

Guy V. Lewis

Bobby Cremins

Lou Henson

 

All of these guys were successful because of their recruiting abilities. I know HS coaches who could coach circles around these clowns. Heck, if you're gonna include those four, you might as well toss Bill Frieder into the mix.

 

Personally, I'd go with Gene Keady or Eddie Sutton.

 

I had actually heard good things about Meyer's coaching abilities. Of course I am not old enough to have ever watched his teams play, so I can't argue with you, and back it up. But I had heard good things about him.

I thought Meyers was a pretty good coach. He was around forever and was a very good recruiter, just could not get a title.

I take objection to the following names being included in this thread:

 

Ray Meyer

Guy V. Lewis

Bobby Cremins

Lou Henson

 

All of these guys were successful because of their recruiting abilities. I know HS coaches who could coach circles around these clowns. Heck, if you're gonna include those four, you might as well toss Bill Frieder into the mix.

 

Personally, I'd go with Gene Keady or Eddie Sutton.

Wasn't recruiting the reason why the TBers didn't like Tubby as a coach? That is part of the job.

Ray Meyer-Retired and John Calipari-Active

Ray Meyer

Gene Keady

lou conesecca

Dale Brown

Bobby Cremins

McGuire that coached for yrs at South Carolina

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.