Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer ball

Featured Replies

While it was the Colonels first loss of the season, you can clearly see that Walt is in this for the kids, as the Colonles played twenty players, each playing about the same amount of innings, while the Kings played the same ten players the entire game.

 

Why can't we just say nice win Kings. They only played 10 players because that is all they had last night due to some players missing for sectional baseball playoffs and football all-star games. Also the second half of kids that entered the lineup for the Colonels came into bat in the 7th and 8th inning not half way through the game.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Itiswhatitis! The Kings had only 10 players and two of them were from the 16 year old Kings team.

Kentucky Colonels lost their first game of the season Thursday against the Kentucky Kings (18) by a score of 7-6 in eight innings. Isler (CovCath) started and gave up two runs in the first but then settled down and put the Kings down in order in the second, and third. Kuebbing (St. Henry) came in the fourth and suffered the loss. This is the second game in a row that the Colonels have went into extra innings. While it was the Colonels first loss of the season, you can clearly see that Walt is in this for the kids, as the Colonles played twenty players, each playing about the same amount of innings, while the Kings played the same ten players the entire game.

 

Hitting stars of the game for the Colonels: Bleser (CovCath) had a single and a double, Maile (CovCath) hit a two run HR over the left field fence (340 guess) Elliott (Beechwood) had a triple and was sent home on a throwing error.

 

The Colonels play two today in the SWOL Tournament at Lincoln Lee Complex. First game is at 12:30 and second one at 3:30. That little thing called work, will keep me away....

 

TOG....The Kings Ryle players were not there, nor was Matt Abeling(HC) and a couple others participating in the Football game at Dixie. I am sure Bobby would have been glad to find a way to get them into the game if they were there. The Kentucky Kings are one of the best Summer ball teams in the tri-state.

TOG....The Kings Ryle players were not there, nor was Matt Abeling(HC) and a couple others participating in the Football game at Dixie. I am sure Bobby would have been glad to find a way to get them into the game if they were there. The Kentucky Kings are one of the best Summer ball teams in the tri-state.

Who all plays on the Kings?????

While it was the Colonels first loss of the season, you can clearly see that Walt is in this for the kids, as the Colonles played twenty players, each playing about the same amount of innings, while the Kings played the same ten players the entire game.

 

Why can't we just say nice win Kings. They only played 10 players because that is all they had last night due to some players missing for sectional baseball playoffs and football all-star games. Also the second half of kids that entered the lineup for the Colonels came into bat in the 7th and 8th inning not half way through the game.

 

Ok lets look at what I wrote:

While it was the Colonels first loss of the season, you can clearly see that Walt is in this for the kids, as the Colonles played twenty players, each playing about the same amount of innings, while the Kings played the same ten players the entire game.

 

In the above statement, what did I type that was not correct? Did I knock the Kings? Did I say they were bad guys? Did I knock the coach? What excatly did I type that has your shorts in an uproar?

 

The facts are the Colonels played 20 players and the Kings played 10. Do you dispute that? Wasn't saying anything bad about the Kings at all, just that Walt is in this for the kids and plays a lot of them.....I didn't say your coach wasn't in it for the kids, nor did I knock any player on your team. You can read anything you want into a statement, but first you need to read what was stated.....and don't go reading between the lines, as there is nothing there to read. I went to the game with my daughter becasue I love baseball and I know a lot of the Colonels players and family. I don't have a kid on the team .... Heck other than Allen I didn't know a single player on your team since they don't have their names on the back of their uniforms....

 

As far as your statement about what inings they came in, most came in the fifth as fielders and of course batted when their turn came around.

Who all plays on the Kings?????

 

Munch and Allen / from Highlands

Abeling, Cross & Sullivan / from Holy Cross

Lenear / Owen Co

Bush / Scott

Wagner and Murray ( depending on when Vince has to leave for USNC) Ryle

Schum / East Central, IN

Wetherington & (forgot the catchers name) from Anderson, OH

Williamstowns SS

 

I know I am forgetting some.

Wagner and Murray ( depending on when Vince has to leave for USNC) Ryle

.

 

I would not think Vince will be available very much for the Kings. My guess is that he'll go in July to Annapolis.

I would not think Vince will be available very much for the Kings. My guess is that he'll go in July to Annapolis.

 

Last time I talked to him he was planning on leaving somettime near the end of June....he may get a tourney or two in before he leaves.

TOG....The Kings Ryle players were not there, nor was Matt Abeling(HC) and a couple others participating in the Football game at Dixie. I am sure Bobby would have been glad to find a way to get them into the game if they were there. The Kentucky Kings are one of the best Summer ball teams in the tri-state.

 

DD, without having a Kings roster, and without knowing the players on the Kings how was I suspose to know who was or who wasn't on the Kings or if they have twenty players or ten? I saw the Kings playing 10 players the entire game and said so....nothing more nothing less. Could care less about the Kings, I just enjoyed watching a baseball game.....

 

DD have a great time in Lexington.....

DD, without having a Kings roster, and without knowing the players on the Kings how was I suspose to know who was or who wasn't on the Kings or if they have twenty players or ten? I saw the Kings playing 10 players the entire game and said so....nothing more nothing less. Could care less about the Kings, I just enjoyed watching a baseball game.....

 

DD have a great time in Lexington.....

 

Just sounded like you were implying that Walt was playing for the kids and Bobby Mullins was trying to win at all cost. You may not have meant that at all, but that's how it sounded

 

A little history....the Kings had KC down by 2 last year in the last inning and subbed in some players, which cost him the game.

Just sounded like you were implying that Walt was playing for the kids and Bobby Mullins was trying to win at all cost. You may not have meant that at all, but that's how it sounded

 

A little history....the Kings had KC down by 2 last year in the last inning and subbed in some players, which cost him the game.

 

Trust me DD, if I had a complaint with the way the Kings had played, I would have stated it, in plain English that everyone would have understood and then would have been ready to defend my reason for typing it. As I stated, just went to the game to watch, and I had a very enjoyable evening. I kept score, ate some peanuts, drank a pop, talked with some friends, and relaxed on a hot, but breezy evening. You know, it's hard to get any better than that......Well a cold beer would have been nice.....but.....you can't have everything.....:D

 

DD because of work, I think I watched three or four Colonels games last season. Knew nothing about the conflict from last year and really could care less about last year.

 

I do know that little is written about the summer games on BGP's, so I thought I would at least fill the void about a team that I happen to know some of the players, and I do know more than just the CovCath players on the Kings.....

 

Again have fun in Lexington, and bring about some hardware.....

The Kentucky Colonels playing in the SWOL Tournament played two games today and split them. While I wasn't at the games today, I was told that they lost the first game to the Cincinnati Sharks by a score of 8-6 in 9 innings but came back and won the second game by a score of 9-7 in extra innings also.

 

What's funny, is that is now four straight extra innings games that the Colonels have played in a row..

 

The Colonels next game is Saturday evening in the SWOL Tournament against the Cincinnati Falcons at the Lincoln Lee Complex #2

That would be Michael Walter.

 

Thanks....we haven't joined up with the Kings yet, still playing HS ball. Looking forward to watching Mr. Walter play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.