Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer ball

Featured Replies

Where can I find info on this tourney?
The only info i have right now: June 14-17 in Lexington. I have also been told that 4 fields will be used( supposedly 2 HS fields and 2 college fields.) Do not know the number of teams yet. I assume they will all be 14u teams. I know for sure that the Northern KY Monarchs will be playing and i assume the KY Baseball Club will also be playing since they are hosting the tournament. I should have more info on this tournament 3-4 days before it starts. I will post more info at that time if it doesn't slip my mind. I would imagine that this tournament field will be very strong.
  • Replies 100
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midland is hands down the best but that is Ohio, Walt's summer team are usually very competitive, and he has a lot of college connections.

 

agree. not to mention they have an unbelievable complex up there! :eek:

  • Author
IMO: for Northern Ky

 

12's Kentucky Krush, but Ky Kids are a very close second.. for now.

13's N Ky Legends - watchout Kanes

14's Bluegrass Knights

15's your pic: N Ky Dodgers, Bluegrass Grizz and the Kings

Bluegrass knight are really good.

Post 76 legion in Ashland is pretty good. They do well in tournaments. The players are pretty much local to the Ashland area. Their coach is a great general manager type,(will get the boys seen by coaches at the next level and will go out of his way to help each one make it to the next level) .

The only info i have right now: June 14-17 in Lexington. I have also been told that 4 fields will be used( supposedly 2 HS fields and 2 college fields.) Do not know the number of teams yet. I assume they will all be 14u teams. I know for sure that the Northern KY Monarchs will be playing and i assume the KY Baseball Club will also be playing since they are hosting the tournament. I should have more info on this tournament 3-4 days before it starts. I will post more info at that time if it doesn't slip my mind. I would imagine that this tournament field will be very strong.

 

 

WHERE COULD i GET INFO ON ENTERING THE TOURNEY ?

WHERE COULD i GET INFO ON ENTERING THE TOURNEY ?
As far as i know, there is no web site or link. I will post info when i get it.

One of the College fields for the KBC Tournament for the 14 y.o kida is probably at Transy, Georgetown Possibly (two college fields) and 2 other local high school fields.

I believe the only National League SWOL teams at the older ages are:

 

13U - NKY Legends and NKY Hurricanes

14U - NKY Monarchs and NKY Reds

15U - Midland Fury (formerly Kentucky Fury)

16U - Kentucky Kings

17U - Bluegrass Seminoles

 

Tough to play an NL schedule night in and night out ("NL schedule" includes tough weekend tournaments). That's when and where you find out exactly how good you are because you can't hide behind 2 or 3 good pitchers.

Summer teams, are gaining popularity and more options, to stay local for players.

Where can I find info on this tourney?
Tournament will be played in its entirety at Tates Creek High School June 14-17. Teams participating include : Kentucky Baseball Club, Lexington Bandits, Storm Baseball, Northern Ky Monarchs, Moorse Mustangs, and Harrison County. This should be a very good tournament.

Summer ball is highly overated. My son played one year. To much travel and expense. Kids need to be kids in the summer.

Summer ball is highly overrated. My son played one year. To much travel and expense. Kids need to be kids in the summer.
For those baseball players, who are seeking to play at the next level and be seen by college coaches, summer baseball is a tremendous venue. If a HS age player, gets an opportunity to play college and his parents don't have to pay 100%, than it's worth it.

 

Granted, not every player who does participate, has the same desire to play in college and nor, do all have equal abilities.

 

Competing in summer, against excellent players, will make one only better and show areas, where improvement is needed. Players then work during the offseason, to enhance these areas.

 

Some play for enjoyment and being with their friends, which is perfectly acceptable.

Walt Terrill's Ky Colonels have unbelievable talent. Also, consider that his first consideration is not to win games. Winning is probably 4 or five on his list. His overiding objective is to get exposure and ultimately scholarships for his kids.

 

He told us that he only bunted 2 or 3 times all last summer and that was at the request of scouts, who wanted to see a particular player(s) get down the line. He tells his players that the scouts don't want to see them walk or bunt.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.