Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Menifee needs new coach again.

Featured Replies

Merle is not crazy enough to go to Menifee. That might be the worst coaching situation in the state.

Was he not there in recent memory. Sorry if I forgot the last coach. Point is Parsons is tough. He has been at Evarts. Not many places tougher to coach at than there.

 

 

He coached Frankfort's girls team last year and did not coach this year.

Does anybody have any early ideas on who has applied for this position?

Merle is not crazy enough to go to Menifee. That might be the worst coaching situation in the state.

 

Why?

I know this ain't college or the pros but they need to have some type of incentive clause to stay a few years, this is not fair to the kids.

Great point to bring up. This is a great topic to start up in a new thread. There are some strong opinions about this, I am sure. :sssh:

Why?

 

Why not? Can you name any positives about being the coach there?

Menifee has been a one stop graveyard for coaches. Apparently there is not much support to build a program and a there has been a lack of talent for many years. It may have to do with the administration or the feeder system or both. I know it is a small school, but the other region small schools are able to put together a solid team every few years. It seems to run in cycles for smaller schools, but Menifee County hasn't been real competetive for many, many years, and coaches don't stick arouond for more than a year or two.

What's the word down in Frenchburg?

Was he not there in recent memory. Sorry if I forgot the last coach. Point is Parsons is tough. He has been at Evarts. Not many places tougher to coach at than there.

2000 Jackson City 6-19

2001 Evarts 16-13

2002 Evarts 14-13

2003 Evarts 10-19

2004 Evarts 10-16

2005 Menifee Co 11-17

2006 Frankfort Girls 6-20

 

I think, but am not absolutly sure, the above is where Rick Parsons has been since 2000.

I always liked watching Rick work the sidelines. A true american original. He had some good teams at Evarts and some boys who could score. I had wondered where he was at.

He is out of coaching right now but I think he would like to be back on the sidelines where he belongs.

Menifee has named their new coach. Justin Moore, effective today. Congratulations Coach Moore.

Menifee has named their new coach. Justin Moore, effective today. Congratulations Coach Moore.

 

That's great! I just hope that this job doesn't do to Justin what it's done to everybody else.

Good Luck Coach Moore!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.