May 1, 200719 yr Author :laugh: I would like for 1 person to step forward and say they think the SEC has been the best conference over the past 10 years. If no one can I would like for Gametime to atleast tell us who he is trying to prove wrong here. I don't see anyone saying this. You see it on this board EVERY year that the SEC is the best. I'd go back and show you but only this year still exists on the server. I was showing the tip of the iceberg. The SEC hasn't produced much top notch NBA talent over the last decade. Thus I believe the talent level was down and thus the SEC was not the best every year like some would like to claim. Actually it was just to bait posters like you in to an easy debate while times are slow. But interesting to me none the less...
May 1, 200719 yr Are we just discussing individual or team success or both? Over the last 10 years the SEC has had great team success, UK has a title and runner up and Florida has the back to back titles and another final four in there as well. That is pretty good overall for that time span with a SEC school in the final four about half the time over the last ten years. As far as players go there have been some NBA flops like every other conference, look at Warrick out of Syracuse a few years ago, but the SEC has done well over all. They have had their fair share of first round picks too and should have at least 4 or 5 players go in the first round this year. Over the last ten years you would have to say that the usual suspects were all about even; Big Ten, SEC and ACC all had their good runs but the SEC has been pretty consistent.
May 1, 200719 yr You see it on this board EVERY year that the SEC is the best. I'd go back and show you but only this year still exists on the server. I was showing the tip of the iceberg. The SEC hasn't produced much top notch NBA talent over the last decade. Thus I believe the talent level was down and thus the SEC was not the best every year like some would like to claim. Actually it was just to bait posters like you in to an easy debate while times are slow. But interesting to me none the less... So your not going to answer my question? Who is saying this? I think there are years like this one when the SEC as definitly to be considered in the argument particularly before the season. You cannot even name people who are saying it. Its like you cant find anything m new thats bad to say about UK and SEC fans so you have started making stuff up. :lol:
May 1, 200719 yr Author So your not going to answer my question? Who is saying this? I think there are years like this one when the SEC as definitly to be considered in the argument particularly before the season. You cannot even name people who are saying it. Its like you cant find anything m new thats bad to say about UK and SEC fans so you have started making stuff up. :lol: It was actually a spin off from a free Rivals article so it started national and not with me...
May 1, 200719 yr The ACC has been tops for awhile. They've certainly had their years but by no means have they been the best year in and year out.
May 2, 200719 yr ^ As a whole for the last 20 years or so..they have been. If you went took every year over the past 20 years and put who the best conference was that given year, the ACC would have the most, but it would be someone else most years. The ACC has actually been down the past 2 years. I look for it to be better this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.