Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC Player Of The Year

Featured Replies

I would claim it has been. ACC 2nd and Big Ten plus one 3rd.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I would claim it has been. ACC 2nd and Big Ten plus one 3rd.

Over the past 10 years? :lol: Really???

I would claim it has been. ACC 2nd and Big Ten plus one 3rd.

 

I am a fan of the SEC, but I don't see them as the best during that period. The SEC does not draw quite as many elite players as some of the conferences that the media seem to favor, i.e. the ACC & Big East.

I really don't believe that many fans of the SEC would claim that it was the strongest overall conference over the past 10 years............at least in men's baskeball.

 

You must not read the boards often...:lol:

Silly thread. Who thinks the SEC has been the best over the last 10 years? I believe the SEC was the best from 94-98 and were the best in 2005-2006 season. This past season they were up there probably the 2nd or 3rd best conference.

Also you cant judge how good a conference is based on POY. Some of the best college players do not always turn out to be the best pros.

  • Author
Silly thread. Who thinks the SEC has been the best over the last 10 years? I believe the SEC was the best from 94-98 and were the best in 2005-2006 season. This past season they were up there probably the 2nd or 3rd best conference.

Also you cant judge how good a conference is based on POY. Some of the best college players do not always turn out to be the best pros.

Do you believe Prince is the best SEC player in the NBA in that stretch???

Do you believe Prince is the best SEC player in the NBA in that stretch???

 

Maybe the best all around player. There are several great SEC players in the league right now from that stretch.

 

Like I said the thread is meaningless. If you want to compare great players in the SEC to great players in the ACC during that stretch then the SEC cant really touch the ACC. But even though there have been a lot of SEC players who made mistakes leaving early, in general the SEC has players that are 4 year guys which make up the difference somewhat for not having superstars in the conference.

  • Author
Maybe the best all around player. There are several great SEC players in the league right now from that stretch.

 

Like I said the thread is meaningless. If you want to compare great players in the SEC to great players in the ACC during that stretch then the SEC cant really touch the ACC. But even though there have been a lot of SEC players who made mistakes leaving early, in general the SEC has players that are 4 year guys which make up the difference somewhat for not having superstars in the conference.

What's meaningless is your weak attempt to dismiss my thread...

What's meaningless is your weak attempt to dismiss my thread...

It's a very meaningless thread.

  • Author
It's a very meaningless thread.

It's meaningless that the SEC has not produced all that much NBA regular talent over the last decade? If you say so...

So far from what's been listed... Brand is a stud, Battier is ok, Hamilton is a stud, Okafor is decent, and Prince is a notch below studly.

It's meaningless that the SEC has not produced all that much NBA regular talent over the last decade? If you say so...

You can prove that from just looking at the POY in conference? Hardly.

  • Author
You can prove that from just looking at the POY in conference? Hardly.

It was a quick look in to the big picture. I have heard the SEC is the best every year since BGP started. Why is there no evidence???

I think the ACC would have to be at the top, but the SEC would be second I think. Is there anyway to look at the All-SEC teams for the past 8-10 years. I couldn't find them anywhere.

 

I looked at the All-NBA teams for the last few years. Shaq has kept the SEC in it, but it seems the ACC, high school, and foreign countries lead the way.

It was a quick look in to the big picture. I have heard the SEC is the best every year since BGP started. Why is there no evidence???

A quick look at other conferences shows similar results. By no means am I claiming that the SEC is the best year in and year out but this don't mean nothing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.