Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches uniforms

Featured Replies

Why do baseball coaches wear uniforms like the rest of the team?

 

I think they look silly in them.

Why do baseball coaches wear uniforms like the rest of the team?

 

I think they look silly in them.

 

TRADITION

Must have started in the early days when most managers/coaches were also players......

Why do baseball coaches wear uniforms like the rest of the team?

 

I think they look silly in them.

 

This isn't the answer, but I believe coaches at the high school, college and professional level are required to wear a uniform while coaching.

Many coaches now days are going to the team pants with some sort of jacket or pull over. Which I think looks just fine.

Many coaches now days are going to the team pants with some sort of jacket or pull over. Which I think looks just fine.

 

Probably looks better!

Many coaches now days are going to the team pants with some sort of jacket or pull over. Which I think looks just fine.

 

That's what the majority are doing. Some are just too old and well PLUMP aroudn the mid section to wear regular uniform tops ;)

I am what you would consider a larger person and my team doesn't have any uniform tops that seem to fit me that well. Based on that I wear the pants and some sort of pullover - during cold games a long sleeve warm up jacket and during warm games a BP top.

 

For comfort sake I would like to go to windbreaker pants or Khaki shorts in warm weather but then again that isn't baseball.

I like the idea of khaki shorts or wind pants and pullover shirts. Looks much better.

I'm not a baseball guy, but I believe you can order what ever size is needed to keep High School coaches in uniform. If the coach feels better wearing a pull over on top of the uni fine.

 

Lets face it guys this is the only sport these days that can draft High School kids. The dress that the pros use should be the same IMO.

It's just AMERICAN to wear a uniform!! (that is a salute to our boys and girls, both now and before, in uniform doing the dirty job so we have the freedom to post this stuff) Baseball uniforms are the most... well they appear to be the most normal and comfortable to wear during a contest. It's hard to vision a football coach in a football uniform on the sidelines. Let's carry this out a little bit... the track coach and swim coach, isn't that the reason clothes were invented? There is only so much you can hide.

That's what the majority are doing. Some are just too old and well PLUMP aroudn the mid section to wear regular uniform tops ;)

:laugh: Thats a good one. :D

I think it looks awful when a coach does not wear a uniform. I believe in looking like you have class and representing the school you are coaching. Wind breakers are fine for practice and a scrimmage but when it comes to games wear the uniform, tuck in the shirt, polish the shoes and lets play some ball!

I think it looks awful when a coach does not wear a uniform. I believe in looking like you have class and representing the school you are coaching. Wind breakers are fine for practice and a scrimmage but when it comes to games wear the uniform, tuck in the shirt, polish the shoes and lets play some ball!

 

Here, here....:thumb:

This isn't the answer, but I believe coaches at the high school, college and professional level are required to wear a uniform while coaching.
KHSAA requires any coach, whom will leave the Dugout area, be it coaching box, visit to the mound or other duties, must wear a matching uniform pants and/or identifying Baseball apparel tops/pullover.
I like the idea of khaki shorts or wind pants and pullover shirts. Looks much better.

If you don't want to see them in a baseball uniform, I'm not sure that shorts are the answer.;) :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.