April 26, 200719 yr See thats the thing! Yeah their juniors year were about the same, however Bogans junior year was his worst year here and yet his numbers were still about the same as Crawfords in Crawfords first actual good year here. So you even say that their junior years are about the same, and you even say Bogans struggled his junior year which is true. So just look at that Bogan in a bad year still did as good as Crawford in Crawfords best year here so far (which still was not that good and was just an average player still.) Also yes both better suited drving the ball, and Bogans still did that more than Crawford and finished better around the rim and made better decisions that Crawford usually does... The main thing about Bogans junior year was he forgot how to make a shot, and well his senior season he got the touch back! Now I hope your right and Crawford does improve for his senior year and can do as good as his potential or even just get close to it. However just the comparison to Bogans is not there... As I said, its there style of play thats similar...There both strong, about the same size, shoot the ball relatively the same and both are better taking the ball to the hole....We can just agree to disagree...I see alot of similarities in there game....It's okay you don't...:thumb:
April 26, 200719 yr Rondo, Morris, Crawford, and company were highly rated coming in as well...Ratings are meaningless once they hit campus. True. Got to have the right attitude as well. :thumb:
April 26, 200719 yr :laugh: Coming from the guy who usually makes the most idiotic comments on here... But nice try on the Tubby and Rupp thing, but of coarse you left out the part I was comparing...When I said that I was talking about how Rupp did have the record for longest drought from the final four before Tubby broke it. And well that was the biggest reason people use to say for wanting Tubby gone and saying he was a terrible coach just because he broke the record here for longest drought of final fours. When really Rupp had the record for the longest drought before Smith but that didn't make him a terrible coach. So that is why I said it because people were saying Tubby was a terrible coach and should be at a mid major school because of that...So once again another stupid comment from you that just makes no sense because well it means nothing to what we were discussing, and then you couldn't even use your statement right because that is not how I said it....:sssh: Wow. I guess I am in idiot. But if you want to get technical about everything, when Bogans was a Freshmen, he didn't have the egos on his team that Crawford did, and he never had the options either, which would explain his PPG average. I don't think Bogans would have been as successful with a Rondo and Morris on his team either, but then again, that's just this idiot's opinion. You are right, you can't compare Bogans and Crawford because their situations were completely different, but as far as style of play and ability they're almost identical.
April 27, 200719 yr Wow. I guess I am in idiot. But if you want to get technical about everything, when Bogans was a Freshmen, he didn't have the egos on his team that Crawford did, and he never had the options either, which would explain his PPG average. I don't think Bogans would have been as successful with a Rondo and Morris on his team either, but then again, that's just this idiot's opinion. You are right, you can't compare Bogans and Crawford because their situations were completely different, but as far as style of play and ability they're almost identical. So you are saying Crawford would have been as good as Bogans if he had played with the same players as Bogans?:lol:
April 27, 200719 yr I think Crawfords production has been solid, if not spectacular...He did average about 16 pts a game this year and no, it wasn't because he shot the ball 15-20 times a game because he didn't. You may not like him, but, he's a very good college player. Sure he had some ups and downs, but, Bogans did, as well and from what i recall, he was nowhere near an NBA caliber player till his last year... Crawford averaged 14pts this year not 16 and no one took more shots than Crawford. Hit only 44% from field.
April 28, 200719 yr So you are saying Crawford would have been as good as Bogans if he had played with the same players as Bogans?:lol: I'm saying Crawford is already as good as Bogans. He would have been one of the only options on the team, thus he would have shot more, thus his PPG would increase. Do I need to go slower here...
April 28, 200719 yr Comparing Bogans and Crawford is like comparing Shaq and Shawn Bradley....There's no comparison, Bogans was the much better college player. He was an excellent defender, shot better, was more physical, and gave every thing he had each and every time he took the court.
April 28, 200719 yr Comparing Bogans and Crawford is like comparing Shaq and Shawn Bradley....There's no comparison, Bogans was the much better college player. He was an excellent defender, shot better, was more physical, and gave every thing he had each and every time he took the court. Bogans was a very selfish player until his Senior season. Had he come in with Rondo, Morris, and Bradley, he wouldn't have been as successful, IMO. If Crawford could have played with Fitch, Estill, Daniels, Hawkins, etc, I believe he could have done the same exact things as Bogans. They're very similiar players.
April 29, 200719 yr You are right, you can't compare Bogans and Crawford because their situations were completely different, but as far as style of play and ability they're almost identical. Except for the fact that Bogans was a team player and Crawford is not... and Bogans ALWAYS gave great effort and Crawford does not... and Bogans is the #4 ALL TIME scorer at UK with 1923 points and Crawford has only 900 thru 3 seasons is not... as far as selfishness, Bogans handed out 314 career assists in his 4 year career and thru 3 seasons Crawford has 127 Just my opinion, but I believe stats speak for themselves.
April 29, 200719 yr Except for the fact that Bogans was a team player and Crawford is not... and Bogans ALWAYS gave great effort and Crawford does not... and Bogans is the #4 ALL TIME scorer at UK with 1923 points and Crawford has only 900 thru 3 seasons is not... as far as selfishness, Bogans handed out 314 career assists in his 4 year career and thru 3 seasons Crawford has 127 Just my opinion, but I believe stats speak for themselves. I would have NEVER guessed that. Too bad Tubby could never recruit any talent to UK.:sssh:
April 29, 200719 yr Bogans was a very selfish player until his Senior season. Had he come in with Rondo, Morris, and Bradley, he wouldn't have been as successful, IMO. If Crawford could have played with Fitch, Estill, Daniels, Hawkins, etc, I believe he could have done the same exact things as Bogans. They're very similiar players. Not even close, but if you can't see that there's no point in arguing it.....
April 29, 200719 yr I would have NEVER guessed that. Too bad Tubby could never recruit any talent to UK.:sssh: I don't think anyone has ever said or meant that Tubby could never recruit talent at UK, because obviously he did, I mean who couldn't bring guys to UK. However, the arguement has always been that Tubby never could bring "enough" talent to UK and on a "consistent" basis. I hope people will eventually get this message instead of continuing to think people have nothing better to do than fabricate things on Tubby that aren't true, and that makes them sound irrational and ignorant. Like said this isn't the case at all, and I don't think too many people if any has ever said that he could not get talent, but have argued that he couldn't consistently reel em in. :thumb:
April 29, 200719 yr Except for the fact that Bogans was a team player and Crawford is not... and Bogans ALWAYS gave great effort and Crawford does not... and Bogans is the #4 ALL TIME scorer at UK with 1923 points and Crawford has only 900 thru 3 seasons is not... as far as selfishness, Bogans handed out 314 career assists in his 4 year career and thru 3 seasons Crawford has 127 Just my opinion, but I believe stats speak for themselves. Again, two entirely different situations. Bogans never had to play on the same team as Morris and Rondo for two and three seasons. Bogans a team player....that made me laugh out loud, literally.
April 29, 200719 yr Again, two entirely different situations. Bogans never had to play on the same team as Morris and Rondo for two and three seasons. Bogans a team player....that made me laugh out loud, literally. His assist total should prove otherwise....but why let facts get in the way...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.