April 25, 200719 yr If UK gets those guys, I know it doesnt really mean anything, but where would this class be ranked this year? I think they would be around top 5 or 6 easily. What do you guys think?
April 25, 200719 yr As great as the new coach might be, as nice as it is for Kentucky high schools to get visits from him and the staff and the efforts he is going to make to keep kids at home. NONE of it matters unless he wins games in March. I don't want to be too negative, I'm looking forward to seeing him as much as the next person. He can win go undefeated from November through February. If he pulls an Arizona, before they won their championship, if he pulls an Arizona and loses in the first 2 rounds, none of it matters.
April 25, 200719 yr Author I think if we get them it will be: 1. Kansas St 2. USC 3. Syracuse 4. Kentucky 5. Arizona 6. Duke 7. Florida If Florida gets them they will have the #1 class IMO.
April 25, 200719 yr As great as the new coach might be, as nice as it is for Kentucky high schools to get visits from him and the staff and the efforts he is going to make to keep kids at home. NONE of it matters unless he wins games in March. I don't want to be too negative, I'm looking forward to seeing him as much as the next person. He can win go undefeated from November through February. If he pulls an Arizona, before they won their championship, if he pulls an Arizona and loses in the first 2 rounds, none of it matters. What does this response have to do with the incoming recruiting class ranking?
April 25, 200719 yr In response to the topic, UK is nowhere near a Top 10 class right now... I think they're somewhere in the 20-25 range and if they add Lucas and Patterson, I think they'll move up into the Top 10
April 25, 200719 yr I think if we get them it will be: 1. Kansas St 2. USC 3. Syracuse 4. Kentucky 5. Arizona 6. Duke 7. Florida If Florida gets them they will have the #1 class IMO. No way that UK would be in front of Florida, even though I think UK will have a good class, tha is over exagerating. With Patteson and Lucas, UK would have Patterson, Lucas, Legion, and Stewart. that is good, but not as good as Allen, Calathes, Parsons, and Tyus that Florida has coming in. Florida has 2 5-star and 2 4-star coming in, and have a chance to get Patterson and Lucas over UK. They will have the number one recruiting class when it is all said and done.
April 25, 200719 yr I think that Duke's class is higher than 6 now. Vital said he would put Dukes class #1 if they get PP.
April 25, 200719 yr What does this response have to do with the incoming recruiting class ranking? I was simply saying, they could have the best recruiting class in recent UK memory, I don't really think it means a lot unless this team wins in March. Didn't Tubby have a decent recruiting class here and there? He shares some of the blame for not getting results on the court, but the players didn't do their part either.
April 25, 200719 yr As much as I will get jumped the best we can do at this point is top 15 IMO. I don't think even with Patterson and Lucas we would have a top 10 class. There are a lot of good classes out there this year. We may crack top 10 but the chances are slim and it would be a high top 10 if we crack it. I'm saying top 15 at the highest based on the talented classes other schools are bringing in.
April 25, 200719 yr I was simply saying, they could have the best recruiting class in recent UK memory, I don't really think it means a lot unless this team wins in March. Didn't Tubby have a decent recruiting class here and there? He shares some of the blame for not getting results on the court, but the players didn't do their part either. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.