Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mick's 2008 Check List

Featured Replies

Since all the cool kids are doing it... :D

 

Verbal-

 

#7 PF Yancey Gates- He was a must get locally, and Mick got it done. He will fall to 4 star status when the next rankings come out, but he should still be strongly in the top 50.

 

#12 SF Darnell Wilks- The 6'8" wing will be moving in to the top 50 soon, and his stock has taken off over the last 3 months. VERY explosive player and a perfect fit for Mick's system.

 

High On The List

 

# 11 C J'Mison Morgan- He's trimmed down to 250 recently and his game is getting a lot more well rounded. I think he's the #1 target right now.

 

#5 C Tony Woods- He's a long, lean 6'11" big in the same mold as McClain. If they can't get Morgan to be the wide body next to Biggie, they will likely get Woods.

 

#17 SG Teondre Williams- Great athlete and slasher, but still working on refining his shot. UC was on him first, and we all know that can be a big factor.

 

#18 SG Paul Williams- As of now I think he will be at UC. Much better shooter than Teondre but maybe a little less "upside"

 

#13 SG Jared Swoopshire - Super athletic 6'7" wing is another guy UC was on before he blew up. I really like what I've heard about his game, but I get the feeling he's 3rd on Mick's wish list.

 

3 star PG Dee Bost- He was the MVP of the North Carolina basketball and football state finals and added two all star game MVP's in the last few weeks. If UC offers he will commit.

 

They are still working on guys like Willie Warren and Romero Osby, but the above list would seem the most likely to fill the 3 open slots for 08...

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
How many scholly's are available?

5 if you include Gates and Wilks...

#13 SG Jared Swoopshire - Super athletic 6'7" wing is another guy UC was on before he blew up. I really like what I've heard about his game, but I get the feeling he's 3rd on Mick's wish list.

 

Swoopshire's a great basketball name...

5 if you include Gates and Wilks...

Wow. 5? Play your cards right and you could be sitting on the #1 class.

  • Author
Swoopshire's a great basketball name...

Especially for a 6'7" slashing wing...

Swoopshire's a great basketball name...

 

I thought his name was Swopshire.

  • Author
Wow. 5? Play your cards right and you could be sitting on the #1 class.

I doubt it would be #1 because there won't be a top 10 player IMO. If it keeps up like I expect I'm looking for top 5...

  • Author
I thought his name was Swopshire.

It is. Typo...

I doubt it would be #1 because there won't be a top 10 player IMO. If it keeps up like I expect I'm looking for top 5...
:thumb:A very solid class shaping up for Mick.
  • Author
Have heard some good things about Wilks.

He's been, at worst, as good as Osby so far this spring. I would not be shocked to see him enter 5 star range by the time he's moving to UC...

The class has no chance at being #1 simply based on what tOSU is bringing in...

  • Author
The class has no chance at being #1 simply based on what tOSU is bringing in...

And UNC could finish ranked higher again...

And UNC could finish ranked higher again...

 

Haven't heard much of their class this year, so I'll take your word on that. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.