April 24, 200719 yr Author Haven't heard much of their class this year, so I'll take your word on that. :lol: Not this year. OSU won't be #1 for 07 either IMO. I was talking about 08...
April 24, 200719 yr As was I... It all overlaps in my head though because we've talked about the 08 class for ALL teams more than any other year than I can remember.
April 24, 200719 yr Author As was I... It all overlaps in my head though because we've talked about the 08 class for ALL teams more than any other year than I can remember. I've been telling you guys for years this is how the game is being played now. It's nice to see you guys playing along...
April 24, 200719 yr Author You've been telling me for years we'd be talking about the 08 class? I've been telling you for years elite teams are done with next year long before now and if they are still looking it's for a big name to replace a player leaving early or a big name icing on the cake topping. Think about this as a glimpse as to what's in store at UK. When Mick got to UC he had two scholarship players. He has a short list for three spots that will put UC full until 2010. After the JUCOs move on in 08 all recruits will be at least 3 star and most will be scattered through the Top 150. That's in 13 months. It's a whirlwind, so get ready... :lol:
April 24, 200719 yr But this particular class has gotten the most attention for all users on BGP... Not 2009... Not 2010... JUST 2008! :lol: The UK faithful still have some 2007 wishing to get through though....
April 24, 200719 yr Author But this particular class has gotten the most attention for all users on BGP... People are more informed on all the names more than ever. With Tubby it was one or two names and there wasn't much need to know any others. Now as UK fans adjust to the whirlwind that has become the Spring evaluation period, more names are common knowledge. I went through it last year and I'm trying to help...
April 24, 200719 yr I don't mind it personally... Recruiting is 2nd only to the game for me... I'd read these rumors all day if that stupid burden called work didn't interfere.
April 24, 200719 yr Author It's a lot of fun. It seems like I've been keeping tabs on most of the top 150 for a year now...
April 24, 200719 yr Mick was on with Lance today, and he had a few good lines. He said his wife was planning for vacation in May, Mick said he's staying in Cincy, he's been in town for a year and none of his buddies have even been to his house. He also said at this point he thinks he's brought in more players than BK on the football side, he's been busy and seems to have Cincy on the right track. He also mentioned when he talked to Thomas about the job it was long term, he then mentioned "the next 20 years".
April 24, 200719 yr So...they are looking to fill all 5 scholarships is what I am seeing... If we get Morgan, we don't get Woods, and if we get Woods, we don't get Morgan, is that what I am seeing? why is Morgan more of a priority than Woods when Woods ranks higher? Is it likely that we would give scholly's to 2 C's and a SG or 2 SG's and C over a C, PG, and SG? and who is most likely to committ out of the SG's? and who is most desireable? Any reason we need a PG? and is Bost a scoring PG or a traditional PG?
April 24, 200719 yr Very nice work once again GT. UC is on the right track back to the traditional exciting UC teams.
April 24, 200719 yr Author So...they are looking to fill all 5 scholarships is what I am seeing... If we get Morgan, we don't get Woods, and if we get Woods, we don't get Morgan, is that what I am seeing? why is Morgan more of a priority than Woods when Woods ranks higher? Is it likely that we would give scholly's to 2 C's and a SG or 2 SG's and C over a C, PG, and SG? and who is most likely to committ out of the SG's? and who is most desireable? Any reason we need a PG? and is Bost a scoring PG or a traditional PG? Slow down... :lol: Yes, they plan to fill all 5 at this point. Morgan is the better option because we have McClain IMO. He's a big body banger that would be a great compliment to the long and athletic Biggie. I would take Woods just the same, but I can understand why they want Morgan more. Here's how I see the 5 recruits. Gates Wilks C PG SG/SF wing
April 24, 200719 yr would they both come together? and pair with Gates and McClain? that would be one heck of a half court offense and a tough D to penetrate...
April 24, 200719 yr Author would they both come together? and pair with Gates and McClain? that would be one heck of a half court offense and a tough D to penetrate... No way they get both. One or the other if they get either...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.