Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Translyvania Recruits

Featured Replies

Anyone have any ideas on who from the state is headed to Transy to play ball next year or even who Transy is after?

Nathan Stahl playing College Basketball????

COME ON!

You have to remember we are talking D3 basketball. I think if a kid can play at a top Kentucky high school they can play at the NCAA D3 or NAIA D2 level. There isn't a lot of difference.

You have to remember we are talking D3 basketball. I think if a kid can play at a top Kentucky high school they can play at the NCAA D3 or NAIA D2 level. There isn't a lot of difference.

 

What is your deal knocking D3 basketball? You wore out the Garrard County coach for becoming an assistant coach at Centre and now you're knocking Transylvania basketball?

 

If they can play at a top Kentucky high school they can play D3 or NAIA-II? That's probably true, but why is it a negative?

What is your deal knocking D3 basketball? You wore out the Garrard County coach for becoming an assistant coach at Centre and now you're knocking Transylvania basketball?

 

If they can play at a top Kentucky high school they can play D3 or NAIA-II? That's probably true, but why is it a negative?

My exact words were that going from a head high school coach to an assistant coach at a D3 school was not a "jump" or promotion. I stand by that statement. Now do you really consider that wearing out the Garrad Co coach? Don't you feel that's a bit of an exageration?

 

I also stand by the statement that if you can play for a top high school team in Kentucky you can probably play for a NCAA D3 or NAIA D2 school. I will stand by that statement as well.

I know Transy was after Hurd from SK and Daugherty from Walton.

I think a kid can make the jump from middle school to UK, there isnt that much of a difference.:lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:

You have to remember we are talking D3 basketball. I think if a kid can play at a top Kentucky high school they can play at the NCAA D3 or NAIA D2 level. There isn't a lot of difference.

Get a clue...the difference is many ways. phsyical strength....ect...it's not the same as high school ball....21 year olds vs 17/18 year olds...not close.

You misunderstood my comment. Let me see if I can explain it on your an Oldham County level. "If a kid is good enough to start at Ballard, Mason County, Scott County, etc., they are probably could enough to contribute at Transylvania, Centre, Union, Berea, etc."

 

Compare the rosters of Centre for example with the roster of Holmes or Scott County. Yes the kids at Centre are stronger and older but the kids at Holmes and Scott Co are more talented. I think its close to the same level. I really don't think Centre or Union could beat Huntington this year.

Nathan Stahl playing College Basketball????

COME ON!

First off, ask Transy's coach. He wants him to play there so he obviously thinks he can play there. He is also a college head coach so he probably knows a little more about basketball and evaluating talent than you do.

 

Secondly, Stahl was the sixth man for a top 5 team in the state. He had several good games and couldn't done alot more if he had been asked to. He could've started for 80% of the teams in the state and will be a great addtion to whatever college he chooses. Don't bash a kid because he has the opportunity to play in college.

You misunderstood my comment. Let me see if I can explain it on your an Oldham County level. "If a kid is good enough to start at Ballard, Mason County, Scott County, etc., they are probably could enough to contribute at Transylvania, Centre, Union, Berea, etc."

 

Compare the rosters of Centre for example with the roster of Holmes or Scott County. Yes the kids at Centre are stronger and older but the kids at Holmes and Scott Co are more talented. I think its close to the same level. I really don't think Centre or Union could beat Huntington this year.

Well said.

At Centre and Transy you also have to meet the academic guidelines and many players from Scott, Mason etc..could probably play at Centre or Transy if they wanted.

 

So I do not understand your point? I am encouraging my child to do this in a few years, I would much rather they be there instead of a D1 sitting on the bench. Also a quality education to boot.

I don't know if you are speaking of ladies sports also but Paige and Katelynd Porter of Raceland have had offers to play basketball at Transy and have not commited as of yet. Also, Sara Sexton of Greenup County will be playing womens basketball for the Pioneers.

I'm looking at Transy's roster right now, and most of the Ky players on there were among the top 2-3 players in their region their senior year. Cody Gilbert was 2nd team all-state his Sr year, and Aaron Cash was in the running for Mr. Basketball. I've seen Mason probably 10 times over the last two years, and I barely remember Stahl. I'm just not seeing it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.