Joey Crawford done for season

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely it was right... This guy always does everything he can to shoot himself into the spotlight, and it's about time the NBA takes a little more action against him.

One of the Barry boys (Jon?) was on Rome the other day, and he said that this ruling was right, but also warned us to keep in mind, that Tim Duncan is one of the NBA's biggest whiners, and complains about 50% of the time a game is being played.....just a thought.

I am glad to see that the NBA took action on a referee and one that is a high profile referee and put it out in the public forum. Refs are often viewed as untouchable. I am glad this happened. Sure, there may have been some bad blood between stern and crawford, but I am still glad it happened.

One of the Barry boys (Jon?) was on Rome the other day, and he said that this ruling was right, but also warned us to keep in mind, that Tim Duncan is one of the NBA's biggest whiners, and complains about 50% of the time a game is being played.....just a thought.

Interesting. Jon's brother Brent plays for the Spurs.

He definitely is a whiner... But Crawford is still the quickest T in the NBA and lots of them are NOT justified.

He definitely is a whiner... But Crawford is still the quickest T in the NBA and lots of them are NOT justified.

So tell him to settle down. Slap him on the wrist. Guys can get in fist fights in the middle of a game and not get suspended for the whole season, so how is it a ref can toss someone out and get das boot himself?

So tell him to settle down. Slap him on the wrist. Guys can get in fist fights in the middle of a game and not get suspended for the whole season, so how is it a ref can toss someone out and get das boot himself?

Because it was possibly the worst or one of the worst decision ever made by an official IMO. This guy has repeatedly made stupid decisions, I hope the NBA doesn't bring him back.

Bill Simmons' comments on the issue from his column in today's ESPN Page 2:

By the way, I seriously considered giving (Duncan) the MVP for helping to rid the world of Joey Crawford last weekend. So long, Joey. Don't forget to downgrade from first class to coach on your flight back to hell.

• 4 months later...

Ref Crawford reinstated, told to behave

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10357251

Stern reinstates ref Crawford after five-month suspension

"Based on my meeting with Joey Crawford, his commitment to an ongoing counseling program, and a favorable professional evaluation that was performed at my direction, I am satisfied that Joey understands the standards of game management and professionalism the NBA expects from him and that he will be able to conduct himself in accordance with those standards," Stern said in a release.