Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Jordan: Decision this weekend.

Featured Replies

What time is this press conference scheduled for?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I have heard that Jordan is going to go back to home and talk to the new coach and then decide. I cant see a decision being made until Monday or Tuesday IMO.

After the loss of Randolph Morris to the NBA and Lukasz Obrzut to graduating, UK Head Coach Billy Gillispie is in need of depth at center. A possible replacement is Texas A&M signee DeAndre Jordan.

 

According to the Dallas Morning News, DeAndre Jordan's AAU coach said Jordan is expected to make a decision this weekend on whether he will opt out of his letter of intent or stay at Texas A&M.

 

If Jordan does opt out of his letter of intent, he will likely follow Coach Gillispie to Kentucky.

 

"He's (Gillispie) a person who recruited me since I was a sophomore," said Jordan at a practice session for the Derby Classic in Louisville. "He recruited me for three years, so I am really close to him."

 

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/home.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2007-04-13-0007.html

 

My question:

 

If Jordan asks to be released from his LOI, do you think Gillispie will accept him, or tell him it's best to stay at A&M?

 

 

Billy Clyde is not stupid. Of course he would take him in a heart beat. Just imagine if Jordan comes to UK. It would be a VERY VERY BIG first step towards getting UK back on top of things. From what I've been hearing, he's already doing some heavy recruiting of top players in future classes. Jordan coming to UK would be HUGE not only for the Cats but also for people's perception of Gillespie. I personally think he's the best man for the job and in the near future will be considered a top coach in the country. I look for his career to mirror Bill Self who has returned Kansas to the top of college basketball. I wouldn't be surprized to see Kansas and UK playing in the Final Four or the national championship in 3 years. I truely believe Gillespie is that good of a coach and more importantly in college basketball.......RECRUITING. Great athletes can overcome mediocre coaching but not vise versa.

No. He is saying that Cats' Pause said he wants to get out of the "bright lights of Kentucky" and then when he is back in Texas, he will announce that he is staying an Aggie. I've heard that A&M is trying to hire his AAU coach.

 

 

As an assistant coach?

As an assistant coach?

Dude, you should change your location on your profile.:bunny:

Dude, you should change your location on your profile.:bunny:

:lol:

I'm not writing him off...I said he is a project, which is very true... and all the other 7 footers have never worked out well for us...

 

 

No other of Tubby's "projects" have been ranked as the #2 center in the land. A lot of people believe this kid can play now to have him ranked so high on every single recruiting website and in every recruiting magazine.

No other of Tubby's "projects" have been ranked as the #2 center in the land. A lot of people believe this kid can play now to have him ranked so high on every single recruiting website and in every recruiting magazine.

He's not talking about Jordan.

Billy Clyde is not stupid. Of course he would take him in a heart beat. Just imagine if Jordan comes to UK. It would be a VERY VERY BIG first step towards getting UK back on top of things. From what I've been hearing, he's already doing some heavy recruiting of top players in future classes. Jordan coming to UK would be HUGE not only for the Cats but also for people's perception of Gillespie. I personally think he's the best man for the job and in the near future will be considered a top coach in the country. I look for his career to mirror Bill Self who has returned Kansas to the top of college basketball. I wouldn't be surprized to see Kansas and UK playing in the Final Four or the national championship in 3 years. I truely believe Gillespie is that good of a coach and more importantly in college basketball.......RECRUITING. Great athletes can overcome mediocre coaching but not vise versa.

 

What??? Bill Self did not return Kansas to the top of college basketball. He took over Kansas after Roy Williams left Kansas after they just lost in the finals in the NCAA tournament to Syrcacuse. So he took over Kansas when Kansas was already on top of college basketball...Also I hope Gillespie does not mirror Self because Self does worse than Tubby does in the tournament, and well people wasn't happy with what Tubby did. So I sure hope Gillispie does better than Bill Self and not just mirror him....

What??? Bill Self did not return Kansas to the top of college basketball. He took over Kansas after Roy Williams left Kansas after they just lost in the finals in the NCAA tournament to Syrcacuse. So he took over Kansas when Kansas was already on top of college basketball...Also I hope Gillespie does not mirror Self because Self does worse than Tubby does in the tournament, and well people wasn't happy with what Tubby did. So I sure hope Gillispie does better than Bill Self and not just mirror him....

 

 

:thumb:

 

Silly facts, sometimes I guess it's better to just ignore um to try to make a point.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.