Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Jordan: Decision this weekend.

Featured Replies

After the loss of Randolph Morris to the NBA and Lukasz Obrzut to graduating, UK Head Coach Billy Gillispie is in need of depth at center. A possible replacement is Texas A&M signee DeAndre Jordan.

 

According to the Dallas Morning News, DeAndre Jordan's AAU coach said Jordan is expected to make a decision this weekend on whether he will opt out of his letter of intent or stay at Texas A&M.

 

If Jordan does opt out of his letter of intent, he will likely follow Coach Gillispie to Kentucky.

 

"He's (Gillispie) a person who recruited me since I was a sophomore," said Jordan at a practice session for the Derby Classic in Louisville. "He recruited me for three years, so I am really close to him."

 

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/home.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2007-04-13-0007.html

 

My question:

 

If Jordan asks to be released from his LOI, do you think Gillispie will accept him, or tell him it's best to stay at A&M?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the loss of Randolph Morris to the NBA and Lukasz Obrzut to graduating, UK Head Coach Billy Gillispie is in need of depth at center. A possible replacement is Texas A&M signee DeAndre Jordan.

 

According to the Dallas Morning News, DeAndre Jordan's AAU coach said Jordan is expected to make a decision this weekend on whether he will opt out of his letter of intent or stay at Texas A&M.

 

If Jordan does opt out of his letter of intent, he will likely follow Coach Gillispie to Kentucky.

 

"He's (Gillispie) a person who recruited me since I was a sophomore," said Jordan at a practice session for the Derby Classic in Louisville. "He recruited me for three years, so I am really close to him."

 

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/home.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2007-04-13-0007.html

 

My question:

 

If Jordan asks to be released from his LOI, do you think Gillispie will accept him, or tell him it's best to stay at A&M?

 

IF Jordan does decide to opt out of his LOI I'm sure Gillespie will make sure that it's what he really wants to do and if he is 100% sure that he wants too then I think Coach G will accept him, Coach only wants whats best for his players and his recruits so I'm sure he'll have made sure Jordan really thought about it before he accepts him!

  • Author

I think Gillispie wants Jordan to stay at A&M and come to Kentucky. He wants him to stay at A&M because he wants that place to continue to build and people in Texas not hate him from leaving their and taking their recruits. But, I think he wants him at Kentucky for the front court, and that speaks for itself.

I think Gillispie wants Jordan to stay at A&M and come to Kentucky. He wants him to stay at A&M because he wants that place to continue to build and people in Texas not hate him from leaving their and taking their recruits. But, I think he wants him at Kentucky for the front court, and that speaks for itself.

Mixed feelings for sure but for Billy to succeed he's going to have to take some of the recruits because that's part of basketball!

As in today or tomm.???

  • Author

Not sure of the exact day, C-A-T-S.

 

Just sometime this weekend. I am thinking tomorrow, after he leaves the Derby. I read somewhere that he was happy with the new coaching staff and the he plans on announcing that he is staying in Texas.

Not sure of the exact day, C-A-T-S.

 

Just sometime this weekend. I am thinking tomorrow, after he leaves the Derby. I read somewhere that he was happy with the new coaching staff and the he plans on announcing that he is staying in Texas.

Cats Pause says Sunday...

 

But they also said Donovan was coming to UK so they are lacking alot of their credibility at the moment...

Cats Pause says Sunday...

 

But they also said Donovan was coming to UK so they are lacking alot of their credibility at the moment...

 

 

 

Are you saying that The Cats Pause is saying that Jordan will anounce he wants to play for UK?

  • Author
Are you saying that The Cats Pause is saying that Jordan will anounce he wants to play for UK?

 

No. He is saying that Cats' Pause said he wants to get out of the "bright lights of Kentucky" and then when he is back in Texas, he will announce that he is staying an Aggie. I've heard that A&M is trying to hire his AAU coach.

Are you saying that The Cats Pause is saying that Jordan will anounce he wants to play for UK?

no. I am saying that he will make an announcement on his future. I have no idea what it will be. But it says it will be on Sunday.

I think he is a 70/30 Aggie lean.

Sounds about right from what I've been able to dig up...

I think he is a 70/30 Aggie lean.

 

 

I would guess 85 - 15 A&M

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.