What if Billy G pulls a Tubby....

justme2018

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wins a Title in the first year? :confused: Let me say I don't think it will happen but.........:sssh:

Will they say " He won with Tubby's players!"

It would be true for the most part...he will be winning with Tubby's players...the difference in the two situations is this...

Rick won with Rick's players and so did Tubby

If Billy G wins next year, the statement would be like this...

Tubby couldn't win with his own players, but Billy G did

Big difference, from my view anyway. Still wouldn't change the fact that he'd be winning with Tubby's players though.

If Rick thought he would have won with those players, he never would have left in the first place. That's one thing that gets me more than anything else. Pitino NEVER would have left if he thought he had a chance to win the National Title. No amount of money can lure a top notch college coach away from a team with any kind of chance to win the National Championship. Pitino gave up on UK in so many ways and the fact that you guys won't admit it goes to show how much many of you will never give Tubby credit for the job he did with those players in 98. That could be your best championship ever, but folks will always say it was Rick's players, but if Rick thought he could win, he never would have left. If he even had a thought he could win, why would he leave? It doesn't make sense. He abandoned you guys when he thought the going was going to get rough. He was already rich, and would have gotten even richer if he would have won in 98. Especially with that team. He could have proven his genius, but he left, he ran, for what?!?!?! The fact that folks do not want to acknowledge that what Tubby did in 98 was one of UK's greatest achievements is sad, but what else can be expected from arrogant, unrealistic UK fans?

It would be true for the most part...he will be winning with Tubby's players...the difference in the two situations is this...

Rick won with Rick's players and so did Tubby

If Billy G wins next year, the statement would be like this...

Tubby couldn't win with his own players, but Billy G did

Big difference, from my view anyway. Still wouldn't change the fact that he'd be winning with Tubby's players though.

Unfortunately, I think most people would say:

He won it despite having Tubby's players

Unfortunately, I think most people would say:

He won it despite having Tubby's players

Of course, suppose Billy G somehow pulled off a miracle with his late recruiting and got Lucas, Patterson and maybe one more incoming freshman that could contribute and those guys played a huge role in their successful season. That would completely change everything.

I don't think and am not saying that he will win the NC next season but "these players" are much better than some give them credit for.;)

JMO

:thumb: . . I think they just needed some tuning...and Billy G will do that. The only thing UK really, really, needs is a solid post player. If they get that, they should hover around 10-15 in the polls next season.

Nope. Meeks' comments, while very limited, have been rumored that he is disappointed that Tubby is gone, but that he came to play basketball for UK and intends to stay. I have heard nothing to lead me to believe that my favorite UK player since Chuck Hayes will be wearing anything but UK Blue/White for the next 3 seasons!

That is good to hear, I really like Meeks on the court and I think that he will do a lot of good things in the next few years as long as he stays.