UK fans be patient

strongopenyon

UK fans pushing the panic button once Billy Donovan tells them "no", need to remember things worked out pretty well nearly 20 years ago when Athletic Director C.M. Newton failed to coerce, first Lute Olsen and then P.J. Carliesimo to take the UK basketball job. Translation: Rick Pitino was at best the third choice. Worked out pretty well, huh?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been mentioned but remember Pitino was the number 3 choice when it came to the hire in the early 90's and look what he done to the program, made us spoiled. Yes maybe we did not get our 1st or 2nd choice, but this "could" be a very big blessing for us all...At least I hope so...:lol:

I have thought long and hard about this and I honestly think I would like to have Travis Ford or John Pelphrey. They both lack the big time experience, but they both have strong ties to the Cats and they have the "passion" that I have been longing for.

I would love having Ford here!!! Like it probably would kill us for next year, and maybe the year after until he gets the players in here for his system. But I think in the long run it would work out great for UK!!!

However if we could get a Matta or Gillispie here and save this next season somehow, then I wouldn't mind that at all...

I would love having Ford here!!! Like it probably would kill us for next year, and maybe the year after until he gets the players in here for his system. But I think in the long run it would work out great for UK!!!

However if we could get a Matta or Gillispie here and save this next season somehow, then I wouldn't mind that at all...

Ford reminds me a lot of a young Donovan. He has the passion to win and he obviously loves the Cats.

Ford reminds me a lot of a young Donovan. He has the passion to win and he obviously loves the Cats.

:thumb: I agree! I think he could have this program up to where it needs to be in the 2 or 3 years if he came here. And even during the two rebuilding years it would be fun to watch, because the style he plays is fun, and I sure he would be getting the players to play with alot of heart, which we haven't seen in awhile!

I agree! I would really like to see Gillispie here. I have a very positive feel about him.