Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Barnhart use Donovan?

Featured Replies

Mitch Barnhart: "The Master of Manipulation"

I don't understand this statement's meaning?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guarantee that Rich Brooks was not Mitch Barnhart's primary or secondary target as UK's football coach.

 

Coincidently, with the methodical progress Rich has made with the probation riddled team he inherited, Mitch is looking pretty good right now! You can be critical of Rich Brooks in many ways, but you can't take away the fact he does know football.

I wonder if you will be singing that same tune when they post a losing record next year?

  • Author
If you are correct we should start checking out the shuffle board games at the retirement homes to find out who the next UK coach might be.:lol:

:laugh:

 

John Wooden? I hear he was in KY last week. :sssh:

Well, if we have a losing record, we have a losing record. We would'nt have much firepower even if Donovan took over. Maybe, just maybe, if things start looking up with the new guy, we'll suffer through a bad year and pick up again. We were going to have a bad year with Tubby, anyway, so next year can't be much worse than where we were heading. There's always the year-after-next!!!!

I think Donovan used Kentucky to sweeten the pot at Florida

  • Author
I think Donovan used Kentucky to sweeten the pot at Florida

Official, the UK job was never offered, so officially he never turn UK down. He did however skate around the questions for two weeks. But as was stated before, we don't know what really happened and probably never will.

  • Author
More ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Then prove it wrong! You can't nobody can. Just like no one can prove what you say is wrong, that if anything Donovan uded UK and Barnhart. No one will ever know. Donovan has too much class to reveal anything as well, no matter what it was.

Apparently we can say that. He's thrown it around all night on different threads.

 

What if Pitino said "I'm not interested", told Donovan, secretly, that the job was no good, but by waiting, ran the salary up, Donovan says NO, then he (RP) has a change of heart and becomes interested, at the new price, of course? As good as any of these other conspiracy theories out there! :)

 

 

Snitch:D

I wonder if you will be singing that same tune when they post a losing record next year?

The schedule is murderous so even a with losing record in 2007, the UK football program has vastly improved under Rich Brook's watch. Remember, there are eight SEC games and you of all people should have an understanding of the toll that takes on a team, "LSURock".

 

There are not just good, but great playmakers at the skilled positions for the first time in many years in Lexington. The offensive and defensive lines are a bit thin and this could hurt if injuries play a role. I have been watching them work and they are together as a unit. The chemistry is very good. I think the Cats will have a big year which might be as few as six victories with this schedule. But then again, it might be eight which would be a fantastic year!

What happened to your Pitino prediction?:sssh:

This first postulate of the theory is now official.....no Billy Donovan. It is not as far fetched now as it was when I wrote about it, is it?

Without a doubt Donovan was going to use UK for leverage. And you can't blame him for that or for staying at Florida.

 

Barnhart had no choice in who he had to go after first. Much of the UK fan base would have had a massive coranary had he offered it to anybody but Donovan. Now that all of that is out of the way lets go get a deal done.

The schedule is murderous so even a with losing record in 2007, the UK football program has vastly improved under Rich Brook's watch. Remember, there are eight SEC games and you of all people should have an understanding of the toll that takes on a team, "LSURock".

 

There are not just good, but great playmakers at the skilled positions for the first time in many years in Lexington. The offensive and defensive lines are a bit thin and this could hurt if injuries play a role. I have been watching them work and they are together as a unit. The chemistry is very good. I think the Cats will have a big year which might be as few as six victories with this schedule. But then again, it might be eight which would be a fantastic year!

All that may be true. I just thought and still think that Brooks was a poor hire. We will just have to agree to disagree. We both remember when UK was a pretty good football team (my college years were the mid to late seventies).

Official, the UK job was never offered, so officially he never turn UK down. He did however skate around the questions for two weeks. But as was stated before, we don't know what really happened and probably never will.

 

How can you possiblt say "Official, the UK job was never offered" and " we don't know what really happened and probably never will" in the same paragraph. Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Was "Plan B" actually plan A? Did Barnhart somehow lead everyone to believe that Donovan was the coach we were going after just to satisfy the UK fan base? Now Barnhart can say "I tried but he just didn't want to leave where he is at". Now Barnhart can go after the person he wanted anyway and hoping that the fans would jump on board.

 

Donovan's part in this? A favor to Barnhart in some way and BD just went along with it, which I still believe he is telling the truth that he loves the area and the program, as well as a sweeter deal from Florida. Then again, Donovan may not have had a clue what Barnhart was up to.

 

This all could have been Barnhart's plan all along.

 

Thoughts?

I agree. I don't think Billy D. was Brainfarts choice. He played this out to try and satisfy the fan base and now with a Billy rejection he can pursue his first chioce and get another old geezer from the retirement home. Now that Rick Barnes has taken his name out I hope Brainfart goes and hurries up and gets Billy G. he obviously wants the job why else would he not have signed the new contract Texas A&M has given to him?

I do not know if Mitch Barnhart had any more options. I do remember Doug Williams' name being mentioned late. I feel certain that would not have proven fruitful. I think Mitch learned a lot from the wild goose chase that Bill Parcells put him on. At least I hope so!

 

Just as you say, the Kentucky football team had two great years in the late seventies......1976 Peach Bowl and the 1977 (10-1) probation Cats. The cupboard was beginning to get bare after that and the program descended from there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.