Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if....

Featured Replies

If Billy D. doesn't take it, I will venture to guess either Tom Crean or Mark Few. I will be behind whoever they hire.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Now with the fan base, some will never be happy and continue the negative approach but Donovan, is not the end all in college coaching.

:thumb: Imo these are mostly the ones that think that the game began with R. Pitino and wasn't even played before him. :D

What do you mean there's no contingency plan? You're NASA! You think this stuff up. I'm sure you have a room full of people right now, just sitting around thinking stuff up - and another group of guys watching them...

Barnes wouldn't win 20 games in this upcoming season at UK.

 

Unless the next coach brings a bunch of talent with him. 20 wins will be a miracle season for anybody.

If Billy D. doesn't take it, I will venture to guess either Tom Crean or Mark Few. I will be behind whoever they hire.

:thumb: Good Post, as will I. That is what a real fan does. ;)

Oh do not get me wrong. I don't think he is either. Far, far from it.

 

But to UK fans, anything besides Billy is going to be a let-down for most of them. He's the only guy 95% of the fans can get behind. Any body else, and the fan base is not only divided on their opinion of the new coach, but disappointed from the start that they didn't get the guy that nearly all UK fans seem to think is a lock.

I'll agree with you, on the fans perspective. I'm being honest here and not knocking any UK fan, as I'm one myself but it constantly amazes me, how so many "fans" just on and off the support wagon, so easily.

 

Put this post away, for future reference...."IF" Donovan is hired, doesn't make a Final 8 or Final 4, in 2 years....The same whispers will begin about him....

 

Some UK fans, can go all the way back for 30± years and others, can only remember "what have you done for me lately"...

If Billy D. doesn't take it, I will venture to guess either Tom Crean or Mark Few. I will be behind whoever they hire.

 

GO BIG BLUE!! :thumb:

I'll agree with you, on the fans perspective. I'm being honest here and not knocking any UK fan, as I'm one myself but it constantly amazes me, how so many "fans" just on and off the support wagon, so easily.

 

Put this post away, for future reference...."IF" Donovan is hired, doesn't make a Final 8 or Final 4, in 2 years....The same whispers will begin about him....

 

Some UK fans, can go all the way back for 30± years and others, can only remember "what have you done for me lately"...

UK fans have a strong double standard in that regard. As a program with loads of tradition, they clearly have a great (overweening IMO) regard for past accomplishments at their own school. But when it comes to specific current performance, it absolutely is that "what have you done for me lately" mentality
At this point, anything less than Donovan is settling in some regard. He's the only candidate that's 100% palatable to a vast majority of the fan base, and we all see how they've whipped themselves up over him.

 

If Mitch doesn't get Donovan, and the new coach isn't in the Final Four within four years, you'd be able to see Lexington in space from so many UK fans burning Barnhart in effigy.

 

You are 100% right. Except, .... many will burn Mitch if he doesn't get Donovan.

You are 100% right. Except, .... many will burn Mitch if he doesn't get Donovan.

 

If Mitch doesn't get him, it won't be for lack of effort.

  • Author

Personally, I hope we bring Donovan in. However, I don't care if Billy D's mom is the coach, I'm supporting my team!!!

...But when it comes to specific current performance, it absolutely is that "what have you done for me lately" mentality
....:thumb:

 

I just hope, that if Donovan doesn't accept the job, whomever the choice will be, will not have to endure the constant comparison to Donovan, Smith and answer the "what if's"....

 

Styles will vary per coach and success can be achieved, by many.

Gillespie would be my first choice.

 

For years though I have though that when Tubby leaves I would like to have Pelphrey as the next UK coach. He loves the school and the fans love him. The BIG rub however is patience. Which alot of UK fans have little of. You would have to give him time to grow into the job but in the long run I really think he might be the best fit.

Barnes has been in Lexington to talk about the job.

 

 

Rick Barnes should be tabbed as Plan Z

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.