Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if....

Featured Replies

What if Billy Donovan declines to take the job at UK? Do we have a plan B? Will we have to "settle" on a coach instead of getting a quality coach we want?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Matta/Gillispie/Calipari are all still legit Plan B's.

 

Gillispie and Calipari have been offered contract extensions, but to my knowledge neither has signed them.

I have considerably more faith, in the UK Athletic Department than that....If Donovan is the choice and he declines, I'm guessing many established coaches, have already expressed an interest.

 

UK and many other programs, don't settle for coaches, they have more options than one.

Barnes has been in Lexington to talk about the job.

The feeling in Lexington right now is that anything other than Donovan will be a letdown...

I think Matta/Gillispie/Calipari are all still legit Plan B's.

 

Gillispie and Calipari have been offered contract extensions, but to my knowledge neither has signed them.

 

 

Calipari has not even been contacted yet. They are not interested in him at this point.

 

 

I've heard the list in order is:

 

1) Billy D.

2) Billy G.

3) Rick Barnes

4) Mark Few

I have considerably more faith, in the UK Athletic Department than that....If Donovan is the choice and he declines, I'm guessing many established coaches, have already expressed an interest.

 

UK and many other programs, don't settle for coaches, they have more options than one.

At this point, anything less than Donovan is settling in some regard. He's the only candidate that's 100% palatable to a vast majority of the fan base, and we all see how they've whipped themselves up over him.

 

If Mitch doesn't get Donovan, and the new coach isn't in the Final Four within four years, you'd be able to see Lexington in space from so many UK fans burning Barnhart in effigy.

I dont know if it's billy but someone is the coach since they will be announcing one tomorrow...

true true. Rick Barnes might be a good choice. I like the kids he got at TX.

true true. Rick Barnes might be a good choice. I like the kids he got at TX.
And what did he do with them?:creepy:
I have considerably more faith, in the UK Athletic Department than that....If Donovan is the choice and he declines, I'm guessing many established coaches, have already expressed an interest.

 

UK and many other programs, don't settle for coaches, they have more options than one.

:thumb: Good point, I am sure that they will have other options. I personally would love to see Belien at WVU at U.K. but he is rumored pretty heavy for the Michigan (meatchicken :D ) job.

And what did he do with them?:creepy:

:thumb: Nothing! I do not want Barnes.

At this point, anything less than Donovan is settling in some regard. He's the only candidate that's 100% palatable to a vast majority of the fan base, and we all see how they've whipped themselves up over him.

 

If Mitch doesn't get Donovan, and the new coach isn't in the Final Four within four years, you'd be able to see Lexington in space from so many UK fans burning Barnhart in effigy.

Disagree, regarding Donovan. While Donovan is on anyone's top of the list, there are many excellent coaches, that could take over the reigns of the 'Cats.

 

Now with the fan base, some will never be happy and continue the negative approach but Donovan, is not the end all in college coaching.

Barnes has been in Lexington to talk about the job.

Oh, Please No. Please say it ain't true. Barnes has done the least with the most than anyone that I can think of right now. :scared: :scared:

Disagree, regarding Donovan. While Donovan is on anyone's top of the list, there are many excellent coaches, that could take over the reigns of the 'Cats.

 

Now with the fan base, some will never be happy and continue the negative approach but Donovan, is not the end all in college coaching.

Oh do not get me wrong. I don't think he is either. Far, far from it.

 

But to UK fans, anything besides Billy is going to be a let-down for most of them. He's the only guy 95% of the fans can get behind. Any body else, and the fan base is not only divided on their opinion of the new coach, but disappointed from the start that they didn't get the guy that nearly all UK fans seem to think is a lock.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.