April 2, 200719 yr Rick Barnes should be tabbed as Plan Z Rick Barnes should be Plan For the Love of God - NO.
April 3, 200719 yr Author If Billy D. turns it down, what are the chances Billy G. will come to Lexington?
April 3, 200719 yr At this point, anything less than Donovan is settling in some regard. He's the only candidate that's 100% palatable to a vast majority of the fan base, and we all see how they've whipped themselves up over him. If Mitch doesn't get Donovan, and the new coach isn't in the Final Four within four years, you'd be able to see Lexington in space from so many UK fans burning Barnhart in effigy. You are right in saying Billy D is the #1 priority...But, he hasn't made any statements either way and even said he's not been contacted by anyone from UK, so, to me, it's as likely he stays as goes...I'd say 50-50... With that being said, I think theres a short list of other possible candidates that can get the program where it wants to be.. Calipari - I think he would turn it down due to having so much talent coming in and returning from this years team. Plus, his ego may get in the way, since he wasn't choice #1 to start with... Barnes - Would take it in a minute..Just waiting for the call... Wright - Has already stated he's happy where he's at, so, I doubt he would come... Gillespie - I believe he hasn't signed the extension yet because this is the job he's waiting on. I would be very surprised if he turned it down, if offered... Few - I think he would look at it, but, ultimately say no, if offered. He has his eye set on Lute Olsens job in the next couple of years... Matta - I feel he would definately listen, but, ultimately so no, as well. He has a great team returning and a great recruiting class coming in and I feel he still has some work to do there to get OSU back to the top... Crean - Would take job in a minute if offered... Izzo - His style of play is too much like Tubbys, so, I don't think he'll be offered, but, if was, I think would turn it down... Ford/Pelphrey/Macy - Duh....yes, they would take it, but, none will be offered... Riley - I'm not sure who would be the biggest idiot, him for taking it or UK for offering...Don't see it happening... To me, the 3 prospects are Crean, Gillespie and Barnes...all 3 could do the job, but, would be a step down from Donovan....I'd take Gillespie out of the 3...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.